How do you rinse differently with hydrophilic or phobic water?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slippy, May 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

One of them nicely comes down the glass (cant remember which one), but the other in beads, is there a different way to rinse between these two ways?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use fan jets on both types

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

A friend said fan jets weren't good unless you were experienced. What did he mean?
    Do I need to buy the whole brush to get fan jets on my pole? My current Ionics brush has pencil jets. Anyone recommendations for a fan jet brush?

4. With the hydrohorrible glass, I turn the brush around so the jets are pointing up, you can actually see them rinsing the very top and corners and can make sure you're missing nothing. Seems to work for me.

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I just make sure i rinse as much of the glass as poss on phobic windows, get the jets right up to the top edge of the windows and really rinse down the glass in a sideways motion catching as much beading as possible...

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I find fan jets easy to use myself. Gardiner do brushes now with 2 sets of holes in the brush stock so when ordering you can have both type fitted if you wanted.

Best speak to Alex Gardiner as I'm sure he can give you advice on fan jets also offers a wide selection of brushes

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Keep considering fan jets, as for phobic glass I just rinse it a lot more and take much more time over it, I hate the bloody things and still don't understand how two panes of one window can be different?

8. Alien Human

Can hydrophilic glass be double glazed or is it only hydrophobic?

9. Poles Apart

Don't use fans on hydrofcukit, but use pencils and rinse more, going to get some rinse aid heard it works and turns glass into pholic.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I used fan jets all the time, yes you dont get a strong single jet but the fanned water has a much better covering of the glass. They work for some and not others. Think it just depends on which you prefer working with.

Advertisement