Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wcw Backpack Waterflow Controller

johnny bravo

my wcw backpack water speed controller is not adjusting the waterflow from backpack, as its still under waranty 4 months old, wcw have sugested i send it back via post, or they will send me a new speed controller to fit myself. they say its a matter of cutting 3 wires and rejoining again, am i right in thinking its like rejoining 3 plug wires from a standard plug. havent had a look yet

Hi Johnny,

My wcw backpack speed controller snapped off so they sent me a new controller and yes all you do is cut the wires from the old controller then rejoin the new wires to the cut wires and put some insulating tape around the connection. the only problem i had is the speed controller is loose still as there is no screws to attach it to anything so i would advise super gluing it down or using strong tape.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Ross

I've just done mine, simple enough job, cut the wires and then solder if you can or whatever method takes your fancy. Make sure the base is not getting water in it as that will kill the controller.

got joining conectors from wilkinsons 49p, joined wires 2geather, working well.covered with duck tape. i will put vaseline on terminals as damp weather coming

Run a bead of silicone around the tank to base joint leaving a small gap on the opposite side to filler, this will prevent any splashing/overfill getting into the base and messing with the electrics. /emoticons/smile.png

Not being funny chaps but why are you all messing about with electrics on something that is nearly new?

Should not wcw replace the backpack if it becomes faulty while still covered under the manufactures warrantee?

had backpack 4 months, waterflow controller went, wcw sent me a new one to replace while still under warranty, this is why i had to connect a new one. under 1 years waranty, just cheaper than sending back to wcw.

hmmm,...sounds like they are chepo china rubbish to me being sold at a too higher price for what they are :rolleyes:

personally would have sent it back as at least then would get another 12 months on the new replacement one. Surely trying to mend it yourself negates the manufacturers warrantee?

I got one of the wcw backpacks they have a piece of metal to protect the ****, does'nt though nearly knocked it off getting past some bins, the straps have broke but I manage to tie them up better. Still for the price its a good back pack

I don't know how anyone can carry these on there back!

Really heavy when full, The motor, battery and water all added togethor is heavy!

They are cheap, the box mine came in, looks like it was made for feeding plants/weed killing etc but modified for pure water use......

Latest Posts

Back