Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

Tecbuk dual trim red polyester monofilament With scraper and scrubber pad..

Recieved the brush on Tuesday, was instantly amazed how well the brush is put together, it shows quality and looks like it will last.

When I first opened it, I thought it looked very small. I compared to my dual trim super lite, and the stock is an inch or so shorter, but the bristle coverage is pretty much the same just the edges are rounded rather than the superlites squared..

The bristles are thinner and look like there is a lot more. There isn't a huge difference in length between the dual trim and it splays a lot better and easier.

The brush seems to glide over the glass great, also on leaded glass. I found sometimes my super lite would stick and jerk on the glass, but the tecbuk just flies over and you can feel it in your fingers that's it's still giving a good clean effortlessly..

I am very pleased with this brush and it puts my other 4 brushes to shame. Some will disagree and others will say its a sales gimmick, but I bet Richard is laughing behind his computer as some of the insults. I too myself made a few negative comments before about this brush and I take them all back! Richard isn't given enough credit for his brushes and for those to comment when they haven't tried are just wrong!

I defintily feel the brush was cleaning quicker... Price wise, well it's worth every penny. Really it's only a couple of quid more than others but you can clearly tell why it's a few quid extra. But when you need to re new, you only have to buy the brush head, everything else can used again.

Think Iv covered most things, Iv only used it for 7 houses but I am a very happy chappy and will be ordering another very soon along with a boars hair.

1 last thing, customer services is second to none! Cheers for all the help and info Richard..

For those who have thought about it, don't think to long!! I'm sorry i didn't buy one ages ago!!

Agree with every word, I can't compare against other pro brushes but the brush Richard sent us out to trial is everything he said it was.

Thanks for putting up your review - I found it interesting and informative.

I also liked the way it glided over leaded windows, the only brush that would compete with it was the old Vikan oval flocked brushes.

Is it heavier than your Superlite?

I found the 90 degree brush socket and adaptor increased the height of the brush and found it restricted access to difficult to reach areas ie windows behind large pot plants etc. I also found that due to the narrower brush stock the brush was unstable when scrubbing at an angle. Would work better with an angled brush socket IMHO, but then the scraper won't work effectively..

But for me, its the weight that's the issue, on the brush I bought anyway.

There have been some positive reviews over the months, but most of these cleaners don't seem to have stuck with it as their everyday brush. To me that doesn't fully compute.

The other thing I'm still very much interested in is that Richard says it can clean with one pass and no follow up rinse. Have you tried this technique?

Spruce

Interesting write up Belfast.

Could you give us a little background information please?

How long have you been doing wfp?

Exactly which brush do you normally use?

What type of windows did the seven houses have?

What was the extent of the soilage, light, medium or heavy?

Thank you!

Dodger, what brush do you use if it's not a pro brush?

Dodger, what brush do you use if it's not a pro brush?
I've been using a diy that I tested my pressure sprayer system with and more recently a Vikan hi-lo sill brush mate, I say again I'm not a seasoned pole user more an absolute beginner but now get what Richard say's about the Ariel. It's fair to assume the diy is getting binned and the Vikan, well it'll come in useful for something lol.

I used a Hi-Lo brush once, it's far too heavy for anything but ground floor work but was very good for conservatories, unfortunately it wore out in six months so I didn't replace it.

Spruce - to be honest I never even felt or noticed a change in weight. The tecbuk has the same socket as my superlite ( just the straight in one )

I wouldn't say there is no need for a final rinse as I spent about a minute trying to get 1 wee speck off!! I'll always give a rinse anyway as I'm fussy. But I will try the no rinse on my mums windows tomorrow and they haven't been done in a while!

Martyn- Iv been wfp now for about 4 months. I had been using the super lite dual trim med mix. The windows I mentioned where normal PVC, second storey, bays, and over roof/conservatories/extensions...? They were my regular cleans so they would were lightly soiled.

I'd be very interested to trial the brush as said.

This review is very informative, I'll trial it with an open mind though.

Thanks for the review.

I'd be very interested to trial the brush as said.

This review is very informative, I'll trial it with an open mind though.

Thanks for the review.
If ya haven't already Masons send your address to whoever is last in line at the moment, look at Tecbuk Brush Trial thread for names.

Just a wee update..

Been using the brush for over a month now and absolutely love it. Feels greats on the glass, I love how it splays. I also feel there is a lot more scrubbing power too, and for first cleans its better than the super light..

A few days ago I used the super light dual trim for the first time from getting the aerial brush and I instantly hated it!

I have also ordered a boars hair that hopefully should arrive today!! So will post again my views on it!!

I have been using my 'Tecbuk Hybrid' brush for about 10 days now, very impressed, it gives my the extra scrubbing I needed, I already have 3 other Tecbuk brushes, this I think is my favorite. Thanks Richard, for a great product and service.

Thanks Andy, glad you like it.

It’s a good brush still fast to use being 85% Polyester, but with the great scrubbing ability of the Black Boars Hair in the centre of the brush, removes stubborn marks off the glass – pollen, insect marks etc, easier and very quick.

Cheers Richard

Thanks Andy, glad you like it.

It’s a good brush still fast to use being 85% Polyester, but with the great scrubbing ability of the Black Boars Hair in the centre of the brush, removes stubborn marks off the glass – pollen, insect marks etc, easier and very quick.

Cheers Richard
This is exactly the reason I bought the brush, pollen and insect marks etc, gets them off no problem.

Belfast, you won't regret it.

It will complete the collection! I didn't even realise that's what the hybrid was like or I prob would have got that instead of the boars hair.. I'll get her to buy me it for xmas

Hi Peter,

As you are a regular customer; when you want the Hybrid brush I will jet it for free - 2 x pencil jets, jet hose and quick release Y piece - I know you already have a spare brush head, so you will only need to order the replacement brush at £32.59. (Remember to remind me in an email)

Same goes for you Andy; when you think you need a replacement brush, I will jet it for free.

Cheers Richard

Latest Posts

Back