How exactly does rain affect the quality of a clean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Simply Business, Aug 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

...For an individual with limited knowledge!

I realise from many of you the answer will be 'it doesn't'! So it may be better to word the question 'what does the myth say about rain affecting the quality of windows being cleaned'?

Does it leave marks etc? Cheers :)

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect it if the window is clean, the only time it will affect it is if the rain water encapsulates any dirt then dries out. The rainfall here is 6-10ppm so you could technically clean with it.

3. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Thanks for clearing that up Eclipse! How do customers usually react to this after you've explained to them?

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Don't bore them with science. I just tell them I guarantee they will dry fine and if they do not then call me and I will go back and do a full reclean for free. I have never been called back.

Old wives myth, they heard their mothers saying who heard their mothers and so on back to the beginning of windows.

How it originally started was back in the year 1543 Mrs Brown said 'Ah, Master Tolish, I did not see ye yesterday to clean me shiny new hole in the wall fillers called windows'

'Well Mrs Brown, that's cause you don't clean these new fangled pieces of the devils work in the rain mam, in our trade ye must stay in ye olde Weatherspoons from 7am till the moon is at it's zenith otherwise the devil himself will come and put spots on them Mrs Brown.'

'Oh how wise you are Tolish, these other toerags would have taken advantage of little old me and cleaned them anyway, bl@@dy devil worshipers!'

'Ohhh Mrs Brown, taking advantage is all part of the service madam but nothing to do with the windows!'

'Well then get a shifty on Tolish lad as my husband is still ploughing top field for another hour!

And that Simply Business is how it all began, due to Tolishs great great great great greatgreat great great great great great great great great great great great great great great window cleaning grand pappy!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  5. Scots lad

Scots lad Active Member

Green you rained off by any chance

6. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Raining being almost pure is good enough to clean windows with, unless in a smoggy or polluted area where the rain captures dirt on its way down and dries spots on the windows. Or if it splashes on window sills or plants or something else splashing dirt on to the windows. However my problem seems to be the other way around, trying to convince custies they even need cleaning in the rain, they keep saying the rain cleans them and I'm mot really needed :D

7. If it's raining, I work faster to stay dry. That might affect quality of clean. Just come home, got bored of sitting in the van. Nice and sunny back home. Sod's law.

8. Jacob

Jacob Guest

ask them next time why they clean their car then, if the rain cleans em, why drive to the carwash. Customers sometimes say really stupid Things haha :D

9. MrBump

MrBump Guest

But unless muds on it I don't take my van to the car wash if it rains, infact I hope it rains once a week just to wash my van off :laugh:

10. TolishAPurd

I mustve given off the impression I don't like WFP.:laugh:

Advertisement