How far for work?

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Utterly Gutterly, Apr 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Utterly Gutterly

Not sure where I should have started this thread but as gutter cleaning is my main work I thought I'd start here!

I did a job today which was an 80 mile round trip for a 6 hour job. Tomorrow and Friday I'll be doing 65 miles per day.

Most weeks I do a 50+ mile round trip 3 or 4 times a week and I'm local only once or twice a week if I'm lucky.

Admittedly, I live in the country but is anyone else doing high miles to get work?

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

The commute from Pluto racks up the miles but I've got save 20p per mile on tesco club card which helps

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

u must be chargin right and i take it u wouldn do a 40 mile trip each way to do a 3 bed semi gutters ?

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

That's insane!

All my work is local (8 mile radius max)

But then I'm a window cleaner so that's the norm for us...

Can't imagine driving that far to clean some gutters? You must have to charge a fortune?

5. Utterly Gutterly

I live just over 20 miles from the outskirts of a small (poor) city and just under 20 miles from a couple of medium towns. I try to book jobs so that if they are small I can do 2 or 3 in a day so the travel cost is offset. Otherwise, a single job has to be over £100 to make it worthwhile.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i travel 25 miles one way for a lot of my work

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

:DI travel 2.5 miles sometimes
    Got one of the villages tomorrow so got to do 6 miles

8. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

15 miles here

if its a powerwash jb or any job over 200 il go 50

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I also do mainly exterior house cleaning including gutter clearance, pressure washing etc. I will travel anywhere if the price is right including travel time, fuel etc is covered. However I mainly work local within a 10 mile radius as there is plenty of work to be had locally so I don't need to travel miles.

Maybe you should focus on marketing in your own local area more instead of having to travel miles for work.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Why?

Advertisement