How hard is it to get a window cleaner !

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by patrick, Dec 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. patrick

patrick Member

I am trying to get someone to work for me as my dermatitis has gone mad again, how hard is it to get someone !!

Have other people had the same problem ?

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

get a youngster is my tip, 16-18 . dont take on anybody who says "iv been a window cleaner for many years "- theyre lying

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry to hear that patrick ... What has the doc said you should do so you can carry on working?

4. patrick

patrick Member

Yes, im going to go down the road of training someone up, gona try and get a bit older than that as ive got a fair bit of commercial work which they would need to be able to drive.

The doctors i use are a waste of time, its a different locum each time i go and they just throw a steroid cream at you and send you on your way. Its the 3rd time ive had a window cleaning business and the 2 previous times ive sold up due to the dermatitis.

I wear the cheap magic gloves as my hands dont really sweat in them but i have to take care not to get them very wet.

5. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

My hands crack a lot in winter because they are dry. I wear Nitrile gloves, they are like latex but are more comfortable and don't make your hands sweat - get powder free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medium-Nitrile-Gloves-Powder-AQL1-5/dp/B001TA5RNA

6. patrick

patrick Member

Thanks but they are 100% no good for my hands, if i could post a pic of them i would.

I used to put cotton gloves with vinyl over the top

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Aldi Magnum is kind to skin . i was using Lidl W5, got slightly itchy skin after 3yrs of that

8. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Sorry I couldn't help. If it is dermatitis, aren't you coming into contact with something, because it is classed as an allergic condition. I used to work with oil-based products in engineering, and I would get a bad reaction if I had too much contact. Hope you get it sorted.

9. patrick

patrick Member

Who knows when or why it flares up, its something i will never get rid of, i just have to try and manage it the best i can.

10. loftusW12

loftusW12 Member

I have been a window cleaner for a few years and i am not lying!

Advertisement