Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost Customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brad proctor

Went to a house today where I have to knock to check if they want them doing even though they are due.I don't think they like paying and are a bit tight. Only had one complaint when they said I missed a small Window because they said there was a cobweb left which I hadn't. So he came to the door and said don't bother today so i went down the road to do my next house. As i was finishing that house the other man drove down and said don't do them again. When I asked why he just said they had been done rubbish last time.lol know I did them okay but when people say that I always start to question my self if they were. I did get a new one today though .does anyone else dobt themselves when someone says that?

well i do hope its conferting to know your not t only one, its good you got anouther job, makes up for it, keep goin mate!

Know how you feel Brad. Deflating isn't it! I had one last week. They were due their 2nd clean. I ring up and the bloke says do them next time, I said this is next time, is it OK to come another day? He says in fact don't bother. £17 job down the spout.Loads of idiots out there. Chin up mate.

Know how you feel Brad. Deflating isn't it! I had one last week. They were due their 2nd clean. I ring up and the bloke says do them next time, I said this is next time, is it OK to come another day? He says in fact don't bother. £17 job down the spout.

Loads of idiots out there. Chin up mate.
You're right you can clean them perfect and they still moan

Keep ya chin up mate!... You will always get one or two total @+=)'s.... Some people will take you for granted. They do not have a clue... They have dropped you and have also done you a favor mate, because they sound like the sort who would get dropped by you in the end anyway.... Plenty more fish in the sea. And never question your efforts... All your other customers are happy with you, look after them and they will keep you motivated... I have had one or two bad customers during my time and it can really get to me at times. I have learnt to move on and find a replacement customer. Someone who respects the work that us Window Cleaners do... That bad customer should be named and shamed on a database lol... Bite ya lip and move on.... I could give you some tips on revenge lol... But, I think just moving on a concentrating on your good, reliable customers is more important...

My biggest paying customer who pays me over £3k a year.. Moans big time about everything.. Last week about an hour after I'd finished, I get a text, " when are you finishing our windows " I asked I'm not sure what you mean? I done them all? Got a reply, " the big window above back door HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED, come And look, there's a big water mark that was there yesterday "

I was ready for driving 15 or so miles to see what he was talking about when I received another text, sorry, it was inside...

Now this guy is minted, and I would feel a dent in my pocket loosing this job, but if it continues I will tell him to just get someone else as I couldn't be bothered with that... Easily replaced /emoticons/wink.png

Know how you feel Brad. Deflating isn't it! I had one last week. They were due their 2nd clean. I ring up and the bloke says do them next time, I said this is next time, is it OK to come another day? He says in fact don't bother. £17 job down the spout.Loads of idiots out there. Chin up mate.
What's all this

Its not the forum mate, I'm guessing you're on tapatalk it happens to me as well. There's nothing we can do about it and its something tapatalk are aware of apparently.

Its not the forum mate, I'm guessing you're on tapatalk it happens to me as well. There's nothing we can do about it and its something tapatalk are aware of apparently.
On a Nexus tablet. I've noticed when using Google chrome the forum list doesn't show fully, but it does using Firefox.

Sorry deviating a tad.

Look mate, people look down on window cleaners, and when they say the same thing to all of us it shows one thing, they have no excuse to get rid of you except they're tight, so they tell you you did something wrong cause they know you're not going to investigate and it's already been a month since you did them so there is no proving them wrong. So just leave them be, if they EVER ask you to do them again, double the price, and I mean that! When people treat me like rubbish I mark it down, as if I know I'm gunna get trouble from a customer I make sure they pay extra for the privilege.

I had a very similar incident on Sunday with a car cleaning customer, all I can say is it doesn't do well to dwell. Move on and thank yourself you got rid!

how many times have folk complained about smears when it is inside!!

that really boils me, stop what your doing and checking.

lost one today "going to do them myself thro summer . had it five years

Look mate, people look down on window cleaners, and when they say the same thing to all of us it shows one thing, they have no excuse to get rid of you except they're tight, so they tell you you did something wrong cause they know you're not going to investigate and it's already been a month since you did them so there is no proving them wrong. So just leave them be, if they EVER ask you to do them again, double the price, and I mean that! When people treat me like rubbish I mark it down, as if I know I'm gunna get trouble from a customer I make sure they pay extra for the privilege.
Spot on masons. Forget it & move on. If I clean 400 customers over 8 weeks & 1 complains I see it as an excuse & say goodbye & move on.

Hope yer recovery is going ok masons.

Cleaned a house for 12 years now. 9 years trad and 3 years wfp.

Ditched for a cheaper quote.

We charged £20 someone came in at £10.50. The house took 45 mins for £20. harldy overcharging is it? AND it was awkward !

I take real pride in my work and I hate when I see a smear on the inside, it just let's my own work down and so many times, I feel like pointing it out to the customer but, you just can't lol. The thing is, you know it's gonna still be there next time too and every time you step back and admire your work, it's there poking you in the eye and there's just nothing you can do about it arrgh..........calm blue sea, calm blue sea !

I take real pride in my work and I hate when I see a smear on the inside, it just let's my own work down and so many times, I feel like pointing it out to the customer but, you just can't lol. The thing is, you know it's gonna still be there next time too and every time you step back and admire your work, it's there poking you in the eye and there's just nothing you can do about it arrgh..........calm blue sea, calm blue sea !
How I hate that! Grrrrr

How I hate that! Grrrrr
Well simple answer is to maybe offer to clean their windows inside aswell then :Image16:

Latest Posts

Back