How Is Everyone Feeling About This Weather And Inability Work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mrtaytay, Jan 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I know its january and the snow and ice wont last forever. And i know when we first start out we tell ourselves that there will be periods like this. Its only to be expected. But sometimes, its hard to remain chilled about it. I was quite optimistic yesterday, hopefull that I would be able to get some windows done. Not a full week, but at least some......to keep things ticking over. But then the heavens dump a s*** load of snow on us and suddenly the daytime temperatures forecast for the week dont seem to get above minus 2.
    I shouldnt moan, I know, but after a **** summer (weatherwise) and a dire december it does start to get very very frustrating. I dont know about you, but if I cant get a full days work in then I feel like a bit of a waster. What I should really do is chill and enjoy the time off.
    Moan over!...sorry about that. A pint will make me feel better...lol

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

I know what your saying, and i think everyone here feels the same.

On the flip side, i have found a 110% top bloke on here, as only been on here 4 weeks. This weather has came at the right time for me, as i have been able to sort lots out. Inc my www. :D

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yesterday I thought it was over everything was melting.. But snow hasn't stopped all day, got very heavy snow at tea time and still belting down.. Roads are at a stand still, buses and cars just abandoned.. Good 4 inches thick

4. shazzy692002

Its rubbish, i dont mind a few days off cos of snow, but now im ready to go back.lol.been off since wednesday, and really have got bored of chilling haha.

Lets hope we have a exceptional summer. haha

5. samthebandit

samthebandit Member

its not a good time but wont be long till we all back working ,for me it should be tomo hopefully as snow is melting now so that should be the last of it lol

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hasn't bothered me really, rounds not big so I'll catch up easily and took opportunity to do a couple of websites and other stuff. Wouldn't be behind at all if I hadn't taken an extra weeks holiday after xmas.

7. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Yeah not really bothered me that much, got a couple glazing jobs to do this week so think i,ll just write off the windows for this week, customers wont be too fussed, i,ll be back at it next week

8. harunh

harunh Legend

hope this is the last week

9. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

Happens most years to some extent, this is just a bit worse than usual. If its not snow its rain.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I suppose ya learn from ya mistakes, I have so putting it down to experience. I'll plan to take 2 weeks off next Jan but not until the snow actually hits.

Advertisement