How long before you chase up a business quote?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Matthew Gordon, Jun 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matthew Gordon

Matthew Gordon Newcomer

Hi,

I quoted 2 large businesses about 3-4 weeks ago for wfp cleaning, they've both got back to me to say they are looking into the quotes, but that was 3 weeks ago. Just wondering whether you would chase these up, how long do you normally leave it before chasing up & what do you normally say to avoid sounding desperate? :D

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would never bother to chase quotes up. Reason being if they have any questions etc they will contact you. Forget & move on as they say ;)

3. Matthew Gordon

Matthew Gordon Newcomer

These are quotes I was 90% sure of getting though as we had approached them & they got back in contact asking us to quote & as far as I'm aware they didn't have anyone else also quoting & they still haven't been cleaned. These are sheltered accommodation buildings so they will need a window cleaner as it's part of the service charge. Has anyone had experience of how long procurement process usually is with businesses?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Not that long if they want you to do the job that's for sure.

5. TolishAPurd

This^.

There could be a thousand different reasons they didn't reply. The most common I reckon is that they didn't realise how expensive it would be. If you really want that job above then a 2 minute email to chase it up wouldn't hurt though.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I quoted for a 5x block of 3 storey flats about a month ago. I emailed to see if they had got my quote and they emailed back saying they were having a directors meeting a few days later. Not heard owt since. If I get it I get it if I don't I don't :). I think my quote was too high in hind site though.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Wasn't high tuffers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Posh

Posh Hero

I quoted 2 schools & a factory unit about 4 weeks ago. Not heard nowt. If they come off great if they don't plod on. Remember there's loads out there that can quote so look at it as a bonus if they come through. Don't rely on them.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

as said move on, theyre not intrested enough

Advertisement