How Long Did It Take To Trust Wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Jan 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

only asking cause i have been using wfp for about 4-5months but still find myself spending too long at each window compared to more experienced lads. i am making improvements to my gear to give myself peace of mind mainly to my water treatment, just oredered another di vessel so it goes through one di as i fill my tank then my second di just polishes it so i'm expecting ooo on tds, i have never seen 000 but after being on here for last few days realised i'm on regenerated resin!!! a bag of tulision is on the way cheers lads the last few days have been very enlightening

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Only been doing mates houses the ones that don't have windies they are like deep cleans take ages but good for practice do em every three months with trolley playing around with stuff finding top windows all come out great with little effort but the lower windows especially the sheltered ones spot wit h the same effort as the. Upstairs ones so find lower windows scrub twice as much have noticed tends to be the ones near the wood burning houses can't find any other similarities these are nelson and trawden areas and they haven't been cleaned in years not due back for a month to see how it compares the lower windows get the usual spiders and insects that could be part of it some semis some terraced

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Still trying to convince myself with wfp as put enough money in to see results would say not as blown away by it all as I thought I should have been bit like yourself still don't think I would sell it to a custy as the greatest thing since sliced bread as their expectations could be too high defo makes the glass clearer when you do external and internal panes

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

When I started window licking I was adamant that I wouldnt go wfp but since ive been using it I love it .
    If you have to go back and rinse again so be it usually after 2nd clean rhey will be spot on .

5. keir

keir Guru

yep i agree to all above, but after last week i think i'm really starting to see the benefit of it now i did notice some spotting whilst collecting it was on a leaded fan just hoping that its still some sh*te yet to get fully washed out of the little nooks and crannys of the lead, luckily the custys aren't the type to notice lol

6. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

My own are leaded the spotting stops fairly quickly but if you look from inside where the leaded windows have been scrim ed up for years you get the grey staining at either side of the lead where the sh?te and soap builds up and was expecting pure water to strip this away when i began like some super cleaning agent but rest of widows look great

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Have had the benefit of working in many different properties while the windies been working outside and had the luxury of lookin at the windows from inside after they are gone and the windows dried the quicker they seem with the pole the more spots I see some top frames look like they haven't been touched and are as black as the ace of spades but because they've done the slides and cills it really stands out I don't mention it and the custies mostly don't notice the bigger properties go mad about the water on the paths in the colder weather as theirs no salt left after others winge because there's too much salt and all the usual ones gates not shut he climbed over that fence why didn't he knock he's not done the one over the flat roof

8. keir

keir Guru

when i 1st started with wfp i warned everyone about this and said to them if it bugs em i will go back trad, its been mentioned but not in a bad way, most of em just see it as i sign that i've been as for salt i wouldn't use wfp once it gets as cold as it its gonna be this week, you're talking serious claims-ville if some poor bugger slips on their doorstep as they step out of their door

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Took me about 2-3 months to get used to waterfed pole work a few years ago but have never looked back since. Like any trade you have to learn how to do a job properly without taking shortcuts unlike what I call splash and dash merchants that give wfp a bad name. :rolleyes:

If you only use 000 ppm water and still get spotting/drip marks after the 2nd- 3rd regular 4 weekly/monthly clean then you need to work on your technique. Simples ;)

10. harunh

harunh Legend

Put the flowrate up to speed your work up :)

Advertisement