How long do poles last!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tattooed window cleaner, Feb 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tattooed window cleaner

Tattooed window cleaner Active Member

Hello
    WFP
    Long time since on here.quick question.how long do poles last,i got cheap n cheerful f/glass 30ft pole,I know it depends on quality and don't want to start a bragging war of which is best and who got what,I don't really care lol
    Mine shot n needs replacing after 3 month(£150 cost)
    I use 5 days upto full extend around 6 hours cleaning
    Just picking ya brains/comments

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Good quality hybrid and carbon poles if looked after should last year’s bud.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The main issues with any make wfp can be clamp failure and sections spinning but one supplier has come up with a new clamp. Mentioning no names but I'm sure you know who I'm on about :D

4. Tattooed window cleaner

Nah,only broke one clamp,that was first week,it where the alloy cone is fitted to the brush/pole section and the first clamp section wearing the pole out n spinning.i just cut 3" off end n refit,once a fortnight tho lol
    Best get me wallet out n get a quality one then

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So your 30ft pole is I'm guessing now 18ft :D

Yep might be best to treat yourself to a decent pole bud as I'm sure Alex Gardiner will be happy to advise you further. ;)

6. Tattooed window cleaner

Lmao yep,fink it now 27 ft lol
    I will be treating myself to a new one.i want to steer clear of carbon,I 6 3 n 16st n not so gentle with stuff tho,so a light weight will get broke
    unless quite indestructible :)

7. keir

keir Guru

Tatts, dont worry about carbon poles being too delicate, if you look after them like smurf says they last ages.
    Has your pole at the mo got lateral clamps or vertical? Only asking to be nosey and what you prefer

Best maintenance is strip and clean a couple of times a month especially in winter, its that gritty feel i hate
    And clear coat or lacquer them a few times a year, sounds like a pain but i can strip and clean mine in minutes, then if clear coat is needed then add another 10 mins and leave to dry over night and reassemble in the morning before work

8. Tattooed window cleaner

Vertical clamps n cheers for advice,
    I gun av shop around as my round I really need a 30ft.
    I never thawt o stripping it down n re laquering.learn something new every day lol

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

keir was on you tube earlier this guy was laquering his pole when they started to wear to stop the clamps from spinning
    two or three times whats your thoughts

10. keir

keir Guru

Yeah duncs, it works a treat, get it done. Its not hard at all just do several light coats to prevent drips

Tatts.....if you are used to vertical clamps i'd recommend facelift poles, they do require the maintenance i mentioned earlier but they are excellent. I think the bigger you go the more robust they get, i was talking to a mate who has a 50 footer or something like that, its huge and weighed a ton even though full carbon but he has used it for years and had nothing go wrong or wear what so ever

Advertisement