How long does a pump last ??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by rafawindowcleaning, Feb 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Never had to change a pump yet, bought a van last September with all the equipment so I don't know how old the pump really is but noticed lately that the constant sound that the pump normally makes when connected is sometimes not so constant and I think the flow of water is slightly smaller than normal although still very much workable (can't regulate it as I dont have the flow controller). So my question is : how long does a pump normally last from new and are the symptoms I am observing a sign of my pump slowly giving way? Thanks for all the replies guys

Advertisement
  2. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Buy a spare pump anyway, about £70ish gets a good shuriflo 100psi, I was in same boat, bought a van with system fitted about 14 months ago, bought a few spares as the system was 2nd hand, the pump packed in last month, took 20minutes too fit the spare and I was back up and running, so cannae tell you how long they last but deffo pays too have a spare anyway.

Advertisement