How Long Does It Take To Build A Round Of 200 Domestic Customers

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by hornbeam98, Sep 13, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. hornbeam98

hornbeam98 Newcomer

Just need a rough guide of how long, I know its hard to quantify.

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Give yourself about a year mate or pay a canvassing team to get them fast

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

like paul said, just depends on how well you pick them up, if you are out every night and only picking 3-4 up each time it will take a while. but saying that you can get lucky and pick 10-15 up in one night!

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Hard one this, Motivation is a factor have you cheked for planed new builds in your area? Really good place to start

5. Posh

Posh Hero

The Arsenal badge is back lol

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

To start with I though it was H making the topic

7. John B

John B Active Member

I started up (for the second time) from scratch last August. It took me until February to pick up my 200th customer. That figure is perhaps slightly distorted by the fact that about a third of these were either one-offs or as-and-when they phone me.

I now have 304, of which, again around a third are as per previous paragraph, so actually it has taken 13 months to get 200 regular customers.

I still keep the one-offs and as-and-whens because I am in Ireland, and the culture towards window cleaning is very different to Britain!

John

8. iluvwindows

iluvwindows Well-Known Member

hi john what do you mean the culture is different to britain fella?

9. John B

John B Active Member

Many people here aren't used to having their windows cleaned regularly as they are in Britain. I do have a good core of regular customers (the 200 or so mentioned previously), who are regular and reliable. The others are, as said, either one offs who I may or may not not see again, or I might get a phone call in a year or two's time, and the others who only want them done for special occasions (ie confirmations, birthdays, etc).

The other thing is that I only have a small number whom I can just turn up and clean. The rest want to know in advance, either by text, phone call, or whatever.

I believe the main reason for this is that before the recession took hold here, people here were paying a lot more for their windows to be cleaned (for example, a 3 bedroom semi was typically priced at around 20-25 euro (£15-18), and that was 20 odd years ago! Now the prices are closer to 12-15 euro, which is OK as I can make a living charging that, but as people were used to paying more for a less frequent service, it has been a challenge to educate them to have a more regular clean for a lower price.

The key here is being flexible. I have fortnightly, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weekly, as well as annual or as-and-when customers. It's not actually that difficult to manage. Because people are so laid back with regard to window cleaning, most wouldn't notice if I were a week or two late, so I can schedule them in at my convenience.

Kind regards.
    John

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

well explained john im in cork southern ireland and its excactly the same here . the ones who ring every 3 to 6 months and longer i double up as its the same as a first deep clean. i have a wheeliebin cleaning trailer as i wouldnt make a living on windows alone so the bins help a lot also i do a lot of gutter clearance facia and soffit cleans and powerwashing etc .

Advertisement