How long does it take to charge a gardiners backpack.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Reach For The Glass, Mar 22, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Ho guys

How long does it take to charge one?

Mines been used for about 3 hours from a full charge. So put it on charge last night for 3 hours and charger lights red still?

It's a v3 by tge way

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Mine does that too. Normally I unplug it and plug it back in again and the light on the charger turns from red to green.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. Reach For The Glass

Does that mean it's charged though?

Just tried it and your right that happens but if I unplug / plug in again it goes red again.

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I always assumed it means it's charged. It's never run out out power on me in the six months I've been using it. Another thing to keep an eye on is making sure the the wall socket is switched on as the light on the charger will light up when it's plugged in even when the power is switched off at the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I knowna guy who is a 2 man team with 2 gardiner backpacks only and they work all day with them
    He never charges them more frequently than weekly so i wouldn't worry about 3 hours use

6. Reach For The Glass

Cheers guys

Wasn't to worried about it running out just worried it wasn't charging that's all.

Seems odd.

7. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

I've a couple of them and neither have run flat. They take an hour or two to charge after a day's work. Overcharging 'may' damage the batteries, just as undercharging certainly will. I've noticed a whining noise when the batteries are full. I do have tinnitus though. Suppose I should go to work.

8. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Usually the charger light will turn green when the battery is fully charged. With 3 hours use this could take from 4-6 hours to re-charge.

9. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Alex recently had my v3 backpack delivered and not charged it or used it yet. Should I charge before first use if so how long ? Thanks and by the way the slx pole I got is fantastic as is all the other kit i got from u. Cant reccomend your products and the service highly enough cheers

10. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

There usually is no need to charge before use as they are sent out charged, but to be on the safe side it would not harm to charge it for a few hours before first use.

Glad the pole is working well for you :)

Advertisement