Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Northern Ireland Guys Want Help For A Day?

this is something we could probably have on the forum, as long as I wasn't currently training a new member of staff, I would mind having someone out with us for a bit. Its kind of a win win, as you get a bit of free labour, plus the new starts get to learn a few tricks of the trade.

Could we maybe have something pined to the top for new starts, and we can just post our details in there for windies that would participate and the rough area they work & method trad/wfp.

Good idea that ladder, I was lucky to work and train with another windy, I don't think I would of know what I know now without that help and of course this forum /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeah, might be a good idea to have the thread pinned to the introductions thread for new members. It would really only work if allot of windies offered to do this with newbies to the industry, but I cant imagine many would be against doing it. Even if it was someone in the same town I work, I still would be more than happy to help them out. From my point of view they will do it anyway, and if they learn the hard way and mike mistakes, it only damages the perception of window cleaners as a whole.

i would be interested in this.

how long would it take to teach someone to do it?

should be soemthing that benifits both. like a week of free help so by at the end the window cleaner is making money from the help and you have a good technique

I think a day or two would be fine, the thing is if they are not experienced at squeegeeing etc, then I wouldn't want them working away on any of my customers, I think just lifting and laying, and watching and learning, then maybe spend an hour or so at the end of the day giving them some one to one help with there squeegee/wfp technique. They can ask as many questions as they like through the day, and talk about the big do's and dont's to avoid any pitfalls.

Then if they aren't that far from you, they have someone they can call for advice if they need it.

thats a good point. id like to work with someone to learn some things and would practice on my windows tilll i get it perfect /emoticons/wink.png

would be good if we add this to the forums =)

Hi Guys,

Was out yesterday all day using wfp and it was great. Really enjoyed the experience. Was even shown trad H and it seemed simple enough. The rain didn`t even put me off! No Belfast not starting until 1st January as im involved with another buisness but definately going to give it a go. Im looking for a van now in the meantime. Keep you posted.

Cheers,

Steve

good to hear mate lol /emoticons/tongue.png what other business u in at the moment then ? lol

this is something we could probably have on the forum, as long as I wasn't currently training a new member of staff, I would mind having someone out with us for a bit. Its kind of a win win, as you get a bit of free labour, plus the new starts get to learn a few tricks of the trade.

Could we maybe have something pined to the top for new starts, and we can just post our details in there for windies that would participate and the rough area they work & method trad/wfp.
This is a good idea. Maybe even have a list of people thats are willing to do it and there location. ?

how long u had that for mate

what made u go from that to window cleaning /emoticons/tongue.png

Had it 20 years but its hard making any money at it now with internet. Think once a window cleaning round was going there would be more money in it + the freedom to get out and about is appealing.

Steve

yep i love my job even tho its jsut been 4 months /emoticons/smile.png more freedom /emoticons/tongue.png

Back