Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to start, lots of advice needed.

Major

IMG_1465.PNG Hi everyone, having just sold my mobile pet food delivery service I'm looking to start back into window cleaning which I "played at" but really enjoyed 17 years ago.

My problem before was heights and safety with the traditional ladders so now with the water fed system that would solve those problems, But, there appears to be two ways of using that system. I've seen the RO system and then a normal cleaning fluid system.

Advice as to what people are using and the cheapest place to buy please.

I've seen above on eBay and also need your advice.

IMG_1466.PNG

View attachment 14102 View attachment 14101 Hi everyone, having just sold my mobile pet food delivery service I'm looking to start back into window cleaning which I "played at" but really enjoyed 17 years ago.My problem before was heights and safety with the traditional ladders so now with the water fed system that would solve those problems, But, there appears to be two ways of using that system. I've seen the RO system and then a normal cleaning fluid system.

The game has changed a lot since 17 years ago mate. Before you go and but a set up I would try and get some work first.

The game has changed a lot since 17 years ago mate. Before you go and but a set up I would try and get some work first.
Thanks, I'm absolutely certain the "game has changed" There is so much to learn but I can get work, I've a list of my old pet customers who will use me plus with social media knowledge, finding clients is not a problem.

Water Fed systems all require pure water. In some places you can buy this from suppliers or filter your own.

If you live in a soft water aread a DI vessel will be sufficient to filter the water to the 'pure' standard.

Otherwise you'll need an RO and DI set up to get the water pure enough to clean windows with.

Check out the 'Parts Per Million Map' on here for a rough guide as to what set up you will need and then go read as much info on here as you can. If you're starting from scratch most questions you have have already been asked before and there is great advice to read!

Last edited:
Water Fed systems all require pure water. In some places you can buy this from suppliers or filter your own.If you live in a soft water aread a DI vessel will be sufficient to filter the water to the 'pure' standard.

Otherwise you'll need an RO and DI set up to get the water pure enough to clean windows with.

Check out the 'Parts Per Million Map' on here for a rough guide as to what set up you will need and then go read as much info on here as you can. If you're starting from scratch most questions you have have already been asked before and there is great advice to read!
Perfect. Thank you, this is exactly the advice I need.

Who is the ebay seller? I would personally not get a tds meter from just anyone. Look up daqua they sell them for 15 quid and also have calibration kits last I checked @doug atkinson

View attachment 14102 View attachment 14101 Hi everyone, having just sold my mobile pet food delivery service I'm looking to start back into window cleaning which I "played at" but really enjoyed 17 years ago. My problem before was heights and safety with the traditional ladders so now with the water fed system that would solve those problems, But, there appears to be two ways of using that system. I've seen the RO system and then a normal cleaning fluid system.

Just started water fed recently enough myself after few decades of traditional. I started thread on here called advice on wfp trolley system's. I asked about 400 questions and still am asking so, I suspect you will find the advice some of the lads gave me very beneficial. Honestly I would have been lost without it. I literally went into that thread with zero knowledge of water fed systems, you will see that by some of the questions I ask lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock