How long to refine rainwater

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TWC, Aug 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TWC

TWC Active Member

Hi
    How long do you think it would take to fill a 25l drum when refining rainwater? I'm using a 100psi pump to an 11ltr Di. Butt reading is 34ppm. Takes 25mins to fill a barrel so 1ltr per minute. Don't want to burn resin but shouldn't it be faster than this?

Advertisement
  2. MrBump

MrBump Guest

As far as I know it doesn't matter what your input reading is. If yii want it to go faster just turn the pump up. I regularly put 350ppm through my resin for 0ppm when filling my tank ay customers houses no problem. Only difference is your resin would last longer. Turn your controller up :thumbsup:

3. TWC

TWC Active Member

Sorry for you the delay been a touch busy. There is no flow controller on the pump so should be going full bore. Could it be because I'm using about 5M of 8mm micro bore hose to get it from the butt to the pump? Albeit from a tap at the bottom of the butt?

4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Yeah I'm guessing that will be something to do with it as the pump will only be able to pull through a smaller amount. Swap it out for bigger hose and see if it helps... I use 1/4 hose I think and a controller so don't have any experience with your set up I'm afraid. I'll have a go at filling a 25l container over the weekend if I get a chance and time it, guessing it will be quicker than 25mins though

5. TWC

TWC Active Member

Cheers mr bump

6. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

I use a submersible pump and a sediment filter to transfer from barrel, then just polish on demand.

Advertisement