Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White milk from frames

super mck

did a customer just b4 Christmas noticed white stuff running off the frames.so told them about it .went back today they said window company came out and said its these pure water window cleaners.the water wee use is not a pure as we think.

That white stuff is oxidisation on the frames

Needs a good scrub and rinse till it starts running clear then do the glass like normal

The pure water i use is as pure as i think

0.00 ppm

Can't get much purer than that without going to a ppb system

I thought it was only old powder coated ali frames that did that at first, but have discovered some older UPVC frames do it as well.

If those customers called out the Double glazing company that fitted them then I assume that the surface has broken down before the guarantee has run out. If that is true then they fitted a pretty poor quality product in my book if they don't even last 10yrs before beginning to break down. Sound to me like they are trying to fob you off and get out of their duty of care by blaming it on someone else. I've had customers that have been told the double glazing has failed due to WFP. Utter nonsense! But if they can get away with it they will

White run off comes from old white paint, old white pvc frames or really poor quality not so old pvc.

Obviously, if our 'not so pure' water caused this. Rain water just really cause them problems!

It's the sun, it will breaks them down over time. I bet the milky stuff was only on the south of the house?

Total agree with above ! Almost Everytime i Pick up a firstclean , the Sun exposed windows bleed "milk " just scrub off that layer . Once its gone, the next cleans will be easy . Scrub - rinse and repeat ...

Latest Posts

Back