Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When doing a quote

Tuffers

Does it do your head in when they follow you all the way round? Jeez, I had one this afternoon, he was like a blinkin leach, I reckon he got so close that he could see the prices before I had rounded them up to the nearest tenner /emoticons/biggrin.png I was like, just eff off will ya, I'm trying to concentrate here.

Got the job, a nice gutter clear, F/S/G and conny from top to bottom. Just hope he don't follow me round when I'm working, as I might just have to tell him to go inside :rofl:

tuffers when they say " there is only couple of windows back of house" yes right ":rofl: but they are stinking and you canny get moved for dogs xxx

Ha I used to get a couple like this would drive you nuts and they would blab all the way around like there pros or something. Lol

In my book people showing me around their property is a good thing not a hindrance

I don't mind potential customers following me around at all as it's all part and parcel of selling myself whilst i'm there. Reason being as we walk around I can confirm what needs doing, ask about any problems with guttering etc, discuss any access issues like if arrangements need to be made next door etc. Not only that also gives me an opportunity to go through methods that I will be using and the opportunity to also upsell my services.

Building bridges and all that first (including price conditioning) then I hit them with my price /emoticons/biggrin.png

I always have the customer with me when I quote for anything. .otherwise it looks like you are just making up a price (which I usually am:whistle:)

I don't have any set prices either but my favourite price conditioning saying at the mo is "its not going to be cheap" /emoticons/biggrin.png

I always have the customer with me when I quote for anything. .otherwise it looks like you are just making up a price (which I usually am:whistle:)

Doh! well that's another little sales trick out in the public domain now...me and my big mouth./emoticons/biggrin.png

Sounds like you are either a gigolo or a car salesman /emoticons/biggrin.png

I agree I always want customer to go for a 'ride' with me.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back