How many cleans a day on average

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by GenieGroup, Sep 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. GenieGroup

GenieGroup Newcomer

Hi Guys

We have a cleaner employed and he doesn't seem to be getting through the work
    almost all small 2/3 bed £10/12 houses and a few £7 front only terraced WFP and doing around 10/15 customers a day with 4 years experience

we need to be doing £300 a day to pay canvassing, van, wages etc

what are people cleaning per day in terms of houses/cash ?

Advertisement
  2. GleamCleanUK

GleamCleanUK Member

Hi geniegroup

No doubt that's just not enough.
    If he's slightly older I could imagine him being slower. Although we have 2 50+ year old guys working at the moment and they can still cut the mustard like the younger lads. I give my lads a worksheet close to your estimate.
    Did some calculations and saw that your guy needs to be cleaning 3 houses an hour priced at a £12 average for 8 hours. Average of 25 houses a day. Which is nout really. That would equal £300 gross.
    If he can't hit that target after 4 years window cleaning experience. He's not worth a dime.
    He should be hitting at least 3 an hour minimum. Doing a quality job and making sure he's on track.
    Sounds like he's slacking on your watch.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

3. David K

David K Forum Addict

It May help if you pay him a percentage of the custys Price , rather than by the hour . ( if its what you do ) . That will punish him hard if He wont step up .

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

5. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I don't believe there's enough info given to make a fair estimate to be honest.

6. jason1965

jason1965 Member

Best way to work it out is for you to do it, and see how many you get done, SIMPLE

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Are you expecting the guy to do £300 per day on his own?#

my prices are similar to yours, around £6-7 fr fronts £8 terraceds £10-£12 2-3 bed semis

I work at a good lick but cant do anywhere near 300 on my own at those prices, i tend to do about 12 a day as an average thats on 5-6 hour day, sometimes as little as 8 or as many as 16 depending on size or how compact so its usually £150 as a rough guide., I could push it £200 working till 4 o clock if i pushed myself but its a hard day and i wouldnt expect an employee to be able to do it with any consistency. 200 day is doable but it would need some better prices and more compact work for me to be consistent with it, 300 i cant ever see happening on my own to be honest.

Having said that my houses are not compact, most of mine are on seperate streets as a guess and hour od my day would probably be travelling/moving the van anything from 1 minute round the corner to 20mins down the road.

8. padman

padman Active Member

I think its how compact your round is. Like Adamangler no way could I do that as my round is all over the place at the mo and my min is £10

9. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I'd say if he's making around the 200 mark as a one man team at those prices he's not slacking, under 125 would concern me. HOWEVER if he spend half his day travelling then that has to be taken into account

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Realistic is 250 a day by time u take in to account that lunch break and. Bit of dosing about

If he is in a estate of houses with no travelling he do 300 at a push

If he is doin 1 here .. 2 there Etc. U need be realistic ...

Wat bout his can set up ? Do u have a mounted reel in van. Is the gates etc going be unlocked for him.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement