How many customers do you handle?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Laz, Aug 9, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Laz

Laz Guest

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind saying. I work with a relative for a few days so would't know how many he does. I am considering starting on my own so I want to know how many customers is a nice amount.

I would assume the person I work with does a lot as his prices are low, he works from 9 till about 5.

Also what would you charge for an average 3 bed semi?

FRONT:
    1 bay window
    1 large bed room window up stairs
    1 bathroom window (small)
    BACK:
    1 large kitchen window
    2 patio doors
    2 average size bedroom windows up stairs

I would say 4.25?

Thanks everyone! :cool:

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I would say that it will depend on how frequently you intend to clean, and the area you live in.

I generally aim to do about 15 3 bed houses per day, with half of them having conservatories.

I have also increased my minimum charge from £10 to £12 recently - with no bad effect.

Pricing on just as you described, without a minimum charge I would estimate about £9.00

as an idea though - if you want to clean 4 days per week (allow for bad weather) then 15 houses x 4 days, x 4 weeks (assuming you clean every 4 weeks) then you would need 240 average customers.

Of course if some have you every other time then you would need more.

Best advice though - start canvassing, and keep going

when your books are full, trim out the time wasters, and ones stuck on their own

After that - put the prices up a bit to make it more profitable, and replace any that you lose.

Every round has it's own set up - if you work hard, then you will make it work on your terms.

Dave

3. Laz

Laz Guest

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Where are you from? I'm asking because I would be lucky to not be undercut charging 4.25 where I live!

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Staines, Nr Heathrow

5. kars

kars Guest

agree with flipfast. about £9 not worth getting out of the car for less dont undervalue urself and at that price all our customers get cobwebs brushe away and sills wiped as standard the love that

6. you may be targetting the wrong houses. Forget council and ex council areas. Concentrate on the most affluent areas and work back the way only when you have targeted the best area do you think about moving on to council areas. Speaking from experience all you will get with council areas is grief constantly chasing money owed etc.

Col

7. i'm in Scotland and i charge an average of £9 no problems, you have to sell your service as being better than the rest.

Col

8. kars

kars Guest

totally agree with that Col:D

9. MathewL

MathewL Guest

I just handle one customer at a time. I believe in quality not quan***y.

10. Laz

Laz Guest

Exact same as me!

Advertisement