Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how many customers should i be aiming for

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Just wondering what you would say is a good number to have to comfortably live on. Obviously this is very rough as different custys have different prices. How many do you have can you live comfortably? I need to earn after expenses etc around 1,700

I reckon 2-300 customers is a good number to aim for,if they average £10 obviously some would be more and some less,15 houses x 4 days x 5 weeks.I find 4 weeks too soon to repeat and you get the odd "is it that time again" February becomes a problem with only 4 weeks but some days you could 20+

2-300 is a good suggestion; 300 is the top end of customers, unless you have a compact round. Personally I would aim for 150 or less.

If you need £1,700 Gav plus business expenses - £400? That gives a minimum of £2,100 per month.

Add the amount you want onto this, for example £900, for convenience that gives a nice round figure of £3,000 and a turnover of £36,000

If you go for 300 customers each month, average price has to be £10, now look at the hours you window clean for each month if its 100 hours you need to have a round that enables you to clean 3 customers per hour.

Set your own figures it is your business

Richard

I'm aiming for 350-400 customers, will fill me up nicely all through the week (as at the moment I'm working 7 days a week and really enjoying it).

400 customers at £20 a clean is a tidy £8k a month. I also like the sound of £96k turnover a year. Maybe it's just me /emoticons/smile.png

James.

I think you said on your previous post somewhere that your prices were between £5 and £15, so with an average of £7.50, and I think a reasonable expectation would be around £2000 a month, then you would be looking at around 270 customers, assuming they are all 4 weekly.

However based on that your expenditure would have to be small, based on what you are hoping to earn. Why do you need to achieve £1700, is there a personal reason, or do you just think that is what is achievable.

James, you’re not the only one I have many Tecbuk customers who keep asking me whether they should work less and not go VAT registered.

I'm aiming for 350-400 customers, will fill me up nicely all through the week (as at the moment I'm working 7 days a week and really enjoying it).

400 customers at £20 a clean is a tidy £8k a month. I also like the sound of £96k turnover a year. Maybe it's just me /emoticons/wink.png

James.
Lord Sugar want you to give him a call, if you've got the time /emoticons/smile.png

Based on working 8 hours a day 7 days a week, you would have to charge about £20 for a 20 min job, people would be calling rougue traders if I tried to charge that up here /emoticons/smile.png

Haha Lord Sugar... yeah right /emoticons/wink.png

It's getting the customers and keeping them that's the hardest part.

But if you could do 3 houses an hour at £20 each, based on working 8 hours a day you would make £480 a day. That is ridiculous money.

James.

If only, I know allot areas across the country are different, but that just would not be possible here. There is setup time, travel time, down time, if you van is off the road, etc, etc. I think if you can average £240 a day you are doing very well.

Plus up hear over winter, is sunrise about 9am and sun down about 4pm. As much as I have worked on in the past in the twilight hours, and try not to if I can avoid it.

Just wondering what you would say is a good number to have to comfortably live on. Obviously this is very rough as different custys have different prices. How many do you have can you live comfortably? I need to earn after expenses etc around 1,700
I dont think you are looking at this the right way Gav. How 'many' customers you have is irrelevant. Just keep taking on customers till you are at the point you want to be, in terms of working hours and earnings. I have no idea how many customers i have, but i do know how much per month my round is worth!. I reckon another 20-30% of work would do me fine and once i get to that point i will start to 'filter' my round. That is, if someone asks me to do their house, if it is going to be a nice cushy number, i will take it on, but get rid of something else which is maybe a bit akward to do, or maybe one where you are always having to chase the customer for money!.

A windy pal of mine is in this position to the point that when he replaced his van last year, he didnt bother getting it signwritten as he doesnt really need, or want, anymore work!.
Completely agree with badbus here. The numbers are irrelevant but you do wan't to know how much your taking each month as that's the most important factor.

Always wondered why some other winny cleaners don't have their vans sign written. They are normally other 'bigger' cleaners. Even so I'd always have my van sign written. I wan't people to know my name and I'm about the place.

James.

I strive for £100 a day im happy with that im on my own and anything else is a bonus,someone hit it bang on the head on here saying its quality over quan***y!good priced fair jobs with some odd bits of commercial work and you will be fine 200 to 300 houses is good to go id say.

Latest Posts

Back