Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out again

Hi guys,

I spect some of you saw my post regarding wfp with back and next issues. I have another question if people would be kind enough for advice. If I do start up again and go down wfp route how would you suggest I go about it? Such as getting my gear and putting myself out there. I can do myself a small website in my spare time I was thinking and get it live when I have gear to take on work. Obviously I need gear before I can start. I have part time work at the mo so wouldn't be relying on window cleaning solely.

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cor blimey, where do you start? Get a TDS meter to test how soft or hard your water is first. Do you have a van you could put a DIY mount in or a car and use barrels?

My take on WFP; you go up and down side roads thinking you've cracked it equipment wise and find you've gone up the wrong road. It takes quite a while until you hit the motorway and suss it once and for all.

I started WFP from the boot of a Vauxhall Vectra. I had a trolley, a big heavy 30' fibreglass pole, 6 25L barrels and a DI vessel incase I ran out of water. The pole would sit over the seats, the DI would fall over and spill, the back wheels rubbed on the wheel arches, but I persevered. I got advice from mates and this forum and I think I'm pretty close to cracking it. After getting p1ssed off wrecking my car, I splashed out on a van and used a trolley from that, then got a better pole, then did a DIY van mount.

It's a long journey, but if you really want to do WFP, you will. Have a look through back posts on here, loads of info.

Think I waffled on enough, night night cnc :zzz:

Think you should do a days work with someone local to you ( loads on here would help ) if it does hurt your back m8 give up your health has to be first

Back