How many of you has over filled their tank?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gav, Mar 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

OK I am sure I am not the only one, so come on who else has started to fill their tank, forgot about it and come back to a swimming pool!

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Advertisement
  2. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

No mate - solenoid switches it off for me lol

3. James

James Guru

Not yet, hopefully the auto cut-off point works :D

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zd42pz

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

LOL only me then.

5. James

James Guru

Shot yourself in the foot Gav :D

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rxo33u

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yep :D

7. Yep, sorry Gav got the auto stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

LOL where can can I get one of these?

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

No mate, trust me, you aint the only one!.
    1st time i was out in my new 'small' van (this is april '10), and being concerned that i might run out of water, i had already asked a few choice customers who i knew had an outside tap, if i could top up my tank with their water if need be.

So i am at this huge house, its the last one of the day, and i decide to connect up a hose to their tap to top up my tank just in case. I carried on working whilst doing this, but, unknown to me, their water pressure at the tap was considerably more than i was used to!. I went back to the van, after what seemed like a reasonable amount of time only to find water running in all directions!. It was running out the back, running out from below the side door, and it was even running out the bottom of the passenger door!!. The water had actually run forward into the cab area, filled up the passenger footwell and started running out over the sill!!.

That was the worst case, it has happened quite a few times since then, but i usually catch it quick enough that it is confined to the back. Of course, i have now sussed that i dont need to fill up when i am out and about, apart from very rare occoasions, so i just stick to filling up at my folks, where i now know pretty much to the minute, how long it will take to fill the tank!.

This is one of the reasons why, on threads relating to vans, i have mentioned that were i able to go back in time, i would quite possibly have chosen a citroen dispatch/fiat scudo/peugeot expert instead of the transit connect. The way their load bays are designed means that the water would never get into the cab area!.

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

First time I did it, my shut off valve failed - came out in morning to a paddy field round the van, opened the drivers door and out came the water.
    Old van, so I drilled a couple of holes on the footwells, but took ages to dry out.
    After that I drilled a hole in the floor of the van, and fitted an overflow to the tank.
    After doing that it has never happened again. :D

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Advertisement