Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plantation on Roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I

irfan

Hi,

My wife and i have just decided to sow vegetables on the roof which is made of RCC. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Basically its my wife's idea. I am not sure how much it will succeed. Any one have such experience could share it with me.

i have vegetables growing on my extension roof because the garden is so small, they seem ok so far, i dont think you need that much soilfor things to grow and i can water them with the wfp haha

Thats great. Tell me are you planting in pots or have made beds of soil directly on the roof floor. and what type of insulation are you using under the soil. Can you share me some of the pictures.

Hi,

My wife and i have just decided to sow vegetables on the roof which is made of RCC. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Basically its my wife's idea. I am not sure how much it will succeed. Any one have such experience could share it with me.
i have been down my allotment today i love it i enter all the competion in the summer i might be able to help but what is a rcc roof

Not sure about planting veg on roofs, but in the Faroe islands they have traditional cottages where they grow grass on the roof. They put sheep and goats up there to keep it short!.

haha i havnt got alot of soil on there its in shallow trays with about 2 inches of soil. i will re plant in slightly more soil later on... you must ensure you spread out the weight a bit because putting a load on a flat roof isnt a good idea..

im just growing some smaller plants like cabbage and spinach etc so i dont need tonnes of soil. its resting on a peice of mdf to spread weight nothing fancy..

i havnt planted out the plants just yet in case of frost but when i do later in the month ill get some pics up.

the roof is a flat felted roof .. which i will be replacing with fibreglass when i have the time haha

Back