Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm new to the game- starting out end of january

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Im still getting walk ups so people are clearly still looking for a windy. Plus others will fold during winter so you could be the potential customers first port of call mate

Non payers are part of the process especially so if you are online only as it's easy for them to ignore texts and calls. I have in total about 20 that I have dumped for non payment. It used to annoy me now I see it as part of weeding out the shite.

It's very frustrating when you send teXT after text reminder and no payment or even worse no response to say sorry etc.

I think in some instances people can't or are too lazy to pay online but rather than say sorry can you call for the money they just ignore you.

It makes it hard when you don't collect as even if you call round and get the money you still have to get rid as you can't carry on like that.

End if the day if someone is such a scumbag to try to avoid paying a tenner fir a service they have agreed to then they arnt worth bothering with. Feck em and concentrate on the nice happy smile customers otherwise this job can get to you.

Im still getting walk ups so people are clearly still looking for a windy. Plus others will fold during winter so you could be the potential customers first port of call mate
winter will sort the men from the boys! (cowboys)

I quite like winter, yes you get some horrible windy/rainiy days but thats the same any time of year and yes its a bit cold especially first thing but the majority of days are clear, just a bit cold. I find it much more comfortable to work in cold than too hot at least you can put clothes/gloves on etc and work at a faster rate, in summer its too hot and can slow you down. Winter suits me as i like to get out and go like the clappers and get home, summer is draining.

I quite like winter, yes you get some horrible windy/rainiy days but thats the same any time of year and yes its a bit cold especially first thing but the majority of days are clear, just a bit cold. I find it much more comfortable to work in cold than too hot at least you can put clothes/gloves on etc and work at a faster rate, in summer its too hot and can slow you down. Winter suits me as i like to get out and go like the clappers and get home, summer is draining.
Yep, me too. On go the fur lined rigger boots, thermal gloves for the first couple of hours, logod wooly hat, wack on the hot water system so nice warm hoses and off you go.

Get home still plenty of energy left, whereas the boiling days I get home sweating like a pregnant nun

Back