How many on here are not full time windys...and why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adamangler, Jul 31, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

#1 adamangler, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    So i was just thinking today where i want to go with my business and whether or not i want to be a full time windy or not.

Im defining full time windy as someone who just cleans windows(may do the odd conny or gutter but generaly a windy)

With all the associate hassle i seem to be having lately, non payers, people not leaving gates open, not this time, can you justers, dog shite etc. I think this has come about from me losing 4 custies this week, one said been made redundant, 1 hasnt answered the door for last 2 times even though ive seen her in! 1 moving home and another just finds so many way to avoid paying ive had to drop her.

I mean atm im part time due to the fact i dont have enough custies to be full time but who on here is part time out of choice?

either do another aspect of cleaning,carpets, pressure washing etc or employed or a trade or whatever and prefers it this way?

Im kind of considering at the moment to really weed out my custies to the best of the best and look into other areas of work alongside windows for variety as much as anything. Or maybe i just need a full round of really good custies and then i wouldnt be so frustrated at times.

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It can be frustrating at first but when you get busy you won't worry about it
    I am 100% a windie but do push the fascias etc now the weather is good as won't get it in the winter
    The problem with other jobs is more setting up costs and admin etc and storage for all your gear
    I did start doing handyman work but got so busy on the windows I've stopped

3. adamangler

I think thats the thing davey, every job means a lot to me atm so when i cant do one, it rains or i have to skip or lose a custy the old anxiety kicks in.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I know how you feel about canvassing so you meed to be spending any time your not cleaning posting leaflets and you will soon see your round grow
    Just have to stick at it
    Some days you will get no calls from them and then 2 months later start getting them when people suddenly come accross your leaflet that they put to one side..longest for me was 4 months
    Other days like yesterday you can find a good area and get 150 quid of work before you even get home. .got he nearly and got a call and went back to quote it as i couldn't find it on google maps and she was a bit confusing on the phone

5. adamangler

Think thats a good idea mate, if i lose a custy then thats 30 mins extra i have spare to leaflet i suppose, its just hard to tell yourself that at the time. Its been said before but its such a mental game this lol.

On the bright side, i have a Canvasser coming in two weeks so looking forward to getting stuck in.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I see a lost custy as an opportunity to shove some leaflets through doors and replace them with a decent customer

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. adamangler

That is the mindset of champions lol
    I see it as the end of the world atm, big difference.

I secretly enjoy the stress though.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just have to be determined

9. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I am fulltime windy, dont have enough work to be fulltime, but sort of jumped into it 5 monthd ago, not regret it but moneywise is currently tight. Gotta order some more leaflets and go hunting for customers again need 100 custys more then i close to get where iwant to be :) i dont do gutters etc.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Sometimes i wish i didn't do gutters etc but they are good earners

Advertisement