Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Remote control - damaged?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

con95a

I'm in the process of making my own trolley and bought a cheap remote control off eBay.

Wasn't really sure on wiring so was using trial and error, maybe not a good idea.

Got a nice spark and I think it may have blown something on the receiver.

My question, will soldering back over the copper strip that's chipped away fix this? Will it be safe and last? No electrics experience at all
f7a2846f770f1cbd888a42e08884d998.jpg
b475631f53e4a21394a4944bb4c957ad.jpg

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@Spruce would probably know the awncer to your question. I had one of these units and it didn't last long. Then went on to a one shot remote which I used for a few months. The problem with any remote is sometimes the signal can be blocked by buildings. I now use a inline tap on the pole,less to go wrong and instant control of water. If any use to you I still have the one shot remote with 2 x key fobs + instructions. Yours for £25 inc postage.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You can't do trial and error on electrical systems,but you know that now.  :1f61c:

Might have damaged the relay (The big blue thing), or something else, so while you can try and fix it, it's easier and safer to just buy a new receiver.

I've used models like this for more than a year and they have served me well. I use the 1000m remotes though, but the receiver is the same.

You can't do trial and error on electrical systems,but you know that now.  :1f61c:

Might have damaged the relay (The big blue thing), or something else, so while you can try and fix it, it's easier and safer to just buy a new receiver.

I've used models like this for more than a year and they have served me well. I use the 1000m remotes though, but the receiver is the same.
Yes I've learnt that lesson. I'll probably buy another for the sake of ease.

What's the visible difference so I can buy the 1000m remote this time, have you got a picture?

Also do you have a wiring diagram including this sort of remote? The instructions were in Chinese so I had no idea how to wire it in [emoji16]

Heres a link to the 1000m version.  It's slightly different than mine, but should do the same. It doesn't work 1000m away though, but the range is fine, and with new batteries in it can work through/over a house. Get one with two buttons, then one button is on and the other off, and you can hold down either until it triggers if you are a far bit away.

The wiring diagram is like this:

$_3.JPG

But the exact wiring depends on which one you buy, they are slightly different.

The basic idea though is you supply the receiver with 12V power, and it switches the output on the other side. The center pole is the common, and there are outputs on each side which are either NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed), which the remote switches between.

I belive there are youtube videos where they are demonstrated, so look up a few of those. Also a good idea to read a bit about relays and NO/NC switches.

Stay safe, wire up with the correct gauge, terminate the wires properly and keep it all dry, a battery of the sizes we use can pack a serious and potential deadly punch.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Heres a link to the 1000m version.  It's slightly different than mine, but should do the same. It doesn't work 1000m away though, but the range is fine, and with new batteries in it can work through/over a house. Get one with two buttons, then one button is on and the other off, and you can hold down either until it triggers if you are a far bit away.

The wiring diagram is like this:
View attachment 12144

But the exact wiring depends on which one you buy, they are slightly different.

The basic idea though is you supply the receiver with 12V power, and it switches the output on the other side. The center pole is the common, and there are outputs on each side which are either NO (normally open) or NC (normally closed), which the remote switches between.

I belive there are youtube videos where they are demonstrated, so look up a few of those. Also a good idea to read a bit about relays and NO/NC switches.

Stay safe, wire up with the correct gauge, terminate the wires properly and keep it all dry, a battery of the sizes we use can pack a serious and potential deadly punch.
Thanks buddy that's really helpful, appreciate it [emoji106]

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back