How many squeegees is right for you?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Pickingpaul, Aug 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

ive been through god knows how many different squeegee sizes and variations and combos over the past couple of years, i must have 10+ channel sizes, not quite a polznbladz level i know but more than most.

I lost my 6" squeegee over a month ago and initially i was annoyed but as i carried on a realized i didnt really miss it all that much.

Then the other day i lost ANOTHER liquidator clip on my 14" so have to make do with what i had, an 18" and a 10" this is a good combo if u only could have two.

Then yesterday i couldnt find my 10" anywhere :eek: and just had to use my 18" wtf

I had a spare 9" liquidator i rubbered up this morning, and thats all im taking today, an 18 and a 9"

Ive got old home made dogeared channels in a pile but i dont know if i can be bothered anymore with multiples. It is right that its nice to have the ideal sized squeegee for the glass size but after the past month of making do im not sure if its really worth it

Im wfping all upstairs and after chqtting to Daveyboy ive started wfping a lot of the downstairs too, im restricted on water as i use 25L containeres in my car, somits nice to squeegee a few here and there so i dont run out of water

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

14inch and 18 inch liquidator is all I've ever needed...

Any small windows I just used to scrim,

Since wfp'ing I hardly use the squeegees!

3. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

I still trad a lot and quite honestly I could probably make do with my 14" Wagulator for 95% of my work. Why the hell I carry 10,16,and 18 around in my car I have no idea AND I've just ordered 12 and 22 Liquidators...totally obsessive compulsive methinks... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I think that's the problem Eric Gilliand we like our little treats - more kit lol !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

I have 3 sizes, usually a 14, 10, and 6" but at the mo I'm using a 12" S+ a dog eared 10" and dog eared 6"
    As it's mostly houses I clean I find this combo fine for me.

6. armagh27

armagh27 Well-Known Member

I use 10" s+ & 14" s+ mostly but have exactly the same in liquidator no need for any think else give my 22" channel to my 4 year old son so when he's old enough to start with me he'll be a demon with it lol.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i think theres enough metal on the liquidator channel to fashion your own dogeared ends from the channel itself by beating it out with a hammer on an anvil . the plastic ends dropping off is really annoying. glueing them on doesnt last

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I have just used 6, 10 and 14 since I started, I reckon I will get a bigger squeegee though and want a wagtail as well so will add to it, I've used same kit since the start as well saves on expenses lol

9. norm

norm Grand Master

6 inch
    10 inch
    14 inch which kept leaving lines today for i dont know why >:((
    10 inch squeegee your my fav you fixed those lines :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

6 liquidator home made from prototype so different clips
    10 0° swiveloc
    12 liquidator
    14 liquidator
    And a 12 wagulator

A bit ott

Used to have 6 on me at any 1 time
    Now i just have a rag in my pocket and bottle of virosol or ubik in my other

Gotta love the stick waggling lol

Now i have to decide whether to make a 2nd wfp setup for the boy or give him my squeegees

Advertisement