Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whos Working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just cleaned my front window on house - froze pretty much straight away -2 here. Not even taken oil filled rad outta my van /emoticons/sad.png

So did you have any issues at all today at that temp as take it you were using wfp cleaning windows?

No. We just turn the pumps down to a slow trickle in between jobs and we find that if you keep the water running slightly, you will not freeze up. The back of the van is waterproofed anyway so it is not a problem.

That's one way to wash the back of the van out I suppose /emoticons/biggrin.png

Or maybe a better way would be to get a warm water system installed as would clean better anyway on tough jobs like first clean and even your solar panel jobs too :rolleyes:

Minus 2ish today, started with frozen pipes in the morning, put my 2kw fan heater on for half an hour and away i went, used to leave it in over night but found i`d rather use half an hours electric than 10+ hours..had a near frozen brush jet going from one house to the next but other than that..no problems, i just keep moving and dont stand around chatting..Good luck to everyone through the winter /emoticons/wink.png

Was cleaning inside most of the day which was good but when started outside water froze in the pipes and jets so had to just leave wfp and do trad...

Well managed to get some graff done in -4 no freezing on houses just connies no complaints dropped a thermostat in me tank this morning for an hour worked a treat:)

Back