How much are you new boys earning at the moment (traditional)

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mrtaytay, May 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I was just wondering how much dosh all you new boys were earning .I have been full time since November, seem to be busy all the time, but only seem to earn between 60 and 70 quid a day. Admittedly, I made a few pricing errors to begin with, which I have to live with, but I am sure that what I am earning falls way short of a regular experienced windy.

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

60 to 70 quid a day is a start mate dont beat yaself up over it rome wasnt built in a day .
    all you have to do is make sure you are earning what you want to earn or you are building up to what you want to earn
    i myself have a few jobs lined up but will get there im not expecting miracles myself .

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Speed is one of the key things with me. I get a little obsessed with the detailing, which slows me down, though the customers notice this, so get loadsa recommendations.

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

£70 a day is great mate

mind me asking how big your round is atm ? and where do u wanna be ?

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

thats what i have found with detailing i spend a bit too long detailing just making sure i get a nice clean dry edge .

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

what hours are you working

7. laddergarder

I think about £15 per hour per man, most of the time.

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Hiya Welsh. I have about 150 customers, the cheapest being a fiver (only have a couple at this price), most expensive 58 quid. I could take on more but have found that some of my regular customers are asking me to do other jobs for them. One lady customer wants me to spend a day a week doing her garden. I also help a another lady with an hotel she has....grounds maintenance etc. I think what I need to do is start getting a more compact round, although the furthest I have to travel is five miles. I have noticed that it is more profitable when you get a few houses side by side on a nice new estate, so will be looking at that. There is loads of work out there...cant believe how fast the round has built up. Just need to speed up!

Gav....I brougt ones of these unger fine weave micro fibres the other day. 24 inch by 32 inch. Its fantasic for getting a nice dry edge. Very absorbant.
    http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=145&SectionID=47[hr]
    Blue Monkey...about 9 till five or just after. I also have a lot of very talkative customers!!

9. laddergarder

A day a week doing gardens, I personally wouldn't do that, just stick to window cleaning. Its regular all year round work you want, focus on that. I hope you are charging her a sensible day rate, £80-£100, and not £60 for a days work slogging it in her garden.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

mrtaytay your doing really well... and detailing is important.... never rush mate... it always pays off in the end... 60/70 quid a day is really good to be honest....

your on a mountain mate..... you can only climb up it and earn more..... you may fall down now and then when customers cancel... but you will always pick up replacements. lol

Advertisement