How much do you aim for each day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Apr 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

Alright fellas. This may be a touchy subject for some, but I would welcome PMs on the subject if you don't want to post publicly. I was just wondering how much you aim to gross each day you go out to work? Me personally I aim between £120-150. Like everyone I have good days, bad days, and ugly days, but its the figure I always have in my head.

Advertisement
  2. philzy756

philzy756 Active Member

£150 for 2 oklok everything else is a bonus

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

3. cheapncheerful

as much as possible....:cool:

most of my work is cra ppy and also i am too old these days to rush....and yesterday i was on one of my best jobs and so was going to time it ....£15 no one in under the flowerpot.....10.11am start...very late by most proper windys standards....however as i keep telling my son....at his age i was out for near 9am and not back till 7pm most days so have done my wack in my youth...

anyway 10.11 start.....into a beautiful sunny day ....text.....had to seek shade to even read it....back to sun ...text....back to sun ....text...so i gave up was in the car in an hour but you get the idea ....one of those days...never had so many texts phone calls in one day ...not a clue where i am supposed to be but booked up till next thursday...

so daily rate for me is hard to fathom....but as soon as i hit £50 i relax....though of course with weather, chatting and yesterday....mrs j gave me a cuppa tea and before i had chance to drink it she had the wine out....and as soon as i polished off the first glass when i came back it was full again....well it was afternoon....hic.hic..:rofl:

i am with siegfried, james herriot, the vets boss....he just used to shove it in a pot on the mantlepiece...me its a plastic box...if its empty i worry....as it often is with kids...

4. shazzy692002

£130 for me

5. TolishAPurd

Glad wer're all in around the same area. The reason I ask is because I read this thread and it amazed me just how stupid some of the public can be; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2702769

Granted, it may not be our trade, but I think there is a minimum that we can work for, before its not worth it. Reading the thread got me a bit wound up last night.

6. shazzy692002

I got wound up the other day when I was domestic cleaning for my 96 year old and a lady turned up to do her feet. it cost £20 and she was there about 12 minutes, the lady also had 3 more to do in the same block. so that's £80 for under a hours work. Made me very mad.lol

7. TolishAPurd

Yep, good money in those nails. When I get mine done I just do the one hand, that way its just a tenner. Only problem is that I have to walk with one hand in my pocket all day.:(

8. philzy756

philzy756 Active Member

Aye but i do know a window cleaner that makes upwards of 300 a day amazing close work easy access. 9 till 5 300 quid. Thats the dream ppl

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

What ever you aim for, more than likely that’s what you will get. The figure in your head and how well you plan on achieving it will determine if you will get it, nothing more difficult than that.

Even if you don’t bother planning working on your earnings after you have built a round, you’re still likely to get 5-7 hundred per week without really trying.

Take you best half dozen jobs on your round, and go and get another 100 plus of the same, dropping the rest on your round as you go. Or just carry on servicing what you have already.

Once you have your round, the thing to remember is doesn’t really take any more effort, if done right; to earn £300 in a day than it does to earn £150.

Richard

10. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

£70-90 I could earn more but I'm lazy & live a simple life

Advertisement