How much effort should u spend on marketing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Jan 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

[by marketing im including door knock,flyers, ads wherever ]

im one of those that makes a real effort at first but then throttles back after iv got reasonable results

but lately im thinking the better way would be to continue marketing like my life depended on it and THEN throttle back only when totally snowed under with work

whats your opinion on marketing your businesses?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

For handyman work I always keep my name visible in my local magazine year round as I want people to know I'm still in business, and it keeps me on thier mind subliminally for that lightbulb moment when they think of calling me. But for the window cleaning, I only advertise when I want a few extra people now, as I don't want my round getting too big. The only customers I really want to take on for window cleaning are neighbours of the people I already have, that way my round grows nice and compact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

tolish bang on .. no point driving out your way for one house

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Over 400 new homes on about 6 different sites being built within a 5 mile radius of where I live. **** it, I'm going to do something I don't normally do and canvass them :) and then get rid of some dead wood.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Myself I do bugger all in terms of marketing

6. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Hoping bugger all works for me, but I doubt it will :-/

7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Depends how much work u wont, if u havnt got the target goal then better off canvassing until u reach it as waiting for people to see you and ask u is slower although as we know u get lucky moments and u get 10 new customers, this is more likely if ur on more roads too.

Even when u reach ur goal u can continue and get better priced customers and drop messers, u feel a lot easier letting messers go when u have an abundance of customers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

Where do you advertise then?

9. TolishAPurd

PM sent.

10. Thinking of pushing some handyman work. Ended up rodding the waste pipe to a septic tank on Christmas Eve. 'Window cleaner saves Christmas'.
    Poor woman was freaking out 'my family are on the way and it's backing up throught the kitchen sink!'
    I latered her windows, drove home and grabbed the rods of filth.
    Horrible job, she was very grateful though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement