How much for this gutter job.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Nov 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

[​IMG]

I quoted £40 to do this and the gutters to the left and right as well as 10 metres on the side. He knocked me down to £30 so I said OK.

Baring in mind this is a monthly regular pub I clean for £30 and it takes me half a hour.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Not sure why are you asking as you have already agreed on a knock down price.

To be honest it is immaterial how much you get for doing the windows as it's a totally different job altogether surely?

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That's the thing when you're already established with a customer, they expect and you feel obliged to do extras cheaper than if it was a one off.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That's where you have to be hard nosed about it
    they might not like your price but they would would still be a window custy

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I lost a £15 8 weekly window clean job that I'd done for a while, I think due to the fact that I quoted her £xxx's for cleaning her uPVC. I texted the night before the next clean was due and she replied she didn't want my services anymore. Sometimes you have to consider these things when asked to do extras. It didn't bother me losing it, as the garden was full of dog :turd:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    The way I look at it I'm in business to make money so I charge accordingly for my work. Not to give so say mates rates to regular customers as there is no such thing. All you are doing is undervaluing your services and just winning work on price which anyone can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Koop said he cleans the pub in 30 minutes and gets £30 for it. I think he was saying custy would think he was taking the p155 if he was going to charge a fair whack for clearing the gutter. Koop is saying he's on a good screw and doesn't want to lose it over a one off gutter job.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I only want premium paying customers for the quality work I do. The rest can go find someone else cheaper if they want as is no skin off my nose if they do.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You don't go into a shop and say I buy my food shop here every week so I want it all at half price now do you? I'm sure you know the answer they will give...as boarcity would say **** off you ugly **** :D

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I do gutter cleans cheaper for window cleaning customers, I use that as a tool to get most of them to use me for gutter clears that they probably normally wouldn't bother doing at all.

Plus if I can do it when I am there already cleaning the windows anyway its cheaper on travel time and expense.

Advertisement