How much resin should i order?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, May 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Started ordering some of my kit now finally :)

just wondered initially how much resin should I order ? I know the resin tank is prefilled from pure freedom so should I order a 25ltr bag or less for now and how long does it last does it go off or anything ?

also was going to get from Daqua is that the best and cheapest plave to get the tulsion from?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You can get it firm anywhere really mate, personally I just order everything from pure freedom, I just always find them so helpful!

As you've bought a load of stuff from them already, they will probably throw a few bits in with it? Give them a call...

But as for resin, should never go off provided it doesn't come into contact with water, and try to keep the bag zip tied up when storing, also keep it in a dark place (that's just my train if thought though, not a fact)

Resin should last a long while if your RO is doing its job well... You'll just need to keep an eye on the tds reading every couple of days, then when it starts to rise over 1-2ppm you know you'll need to change it...

Also pure freedom should give you all the info on when to change filters based on your water quality...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I just buy Tulsion mb 115 DI resin in 25 litre bags when I need them as works out cheaper that way than buying smaller bags that the likes of pf decant and sell on at a much higher profit margine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

get a 25 l bag its cheeper im using unger £57 a bag from wcw

5. Col

Col Newcomer

Off topic question i know but i use a straight di cylinder rather than ro due to low ppm water.
    During the real bad winter we had a few years back my cylinder froze up and split and since then every time i fill my tank i drain it after.
    Does anyone know if resin lasts longer wet or dry?
    I will obviously drain it in the winter but i am wondering if i should drain it after every fill as i am mostly trad window cleaning.
    Hope this makes sense.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I thought once the resin was wet it should remain wet

7. Col

Col Newcomer

Cheers Smurf, because i don't use a lot of water i was just wondering if it was worth the bother lifting it out and draining out the water but i suppose it is only worth it in wintertime.
    Once bitten twice shy.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I just make sure the frost don't get at my gear and the safest way I have found is to just bring it indoors.

9. cheapncheerful

amazing price difference if you buy less than 25 litres of resin...:D

10. SHAQ TULLOCH

SHAQ TULLOCH Active Member

right, im at risk of sounding very stupid here .. but what should your tds metre show for your water ? min to max ?

Advertisement