How much resin

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by North coast, May 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. North coast

North coast Newcomer

Hi I have a di system I run 3x 11l vessels in a line. how much resin would you think I should use
    It's 650 ltr tank and I fill it Dailey with about 500ltrs my tds reading on my water from the tap is 196ppm

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Never heard of anyone using 3 DI vessels before. What is the point? Water going into first vessel with new resin at 196 will bring it down to 000 for a time, add second vessel at say 007. It would be like one of those tricks with 3 cups; which one is the coin under?

RO is probably best for you with a TDS of 196 I'd say.

Don't ask me about RO's cuz I know naff all about them :D

3. North coast

North coast Newcomer

The way it runs it through the oldest vessel then the next older one then the new one it's ment to make the resin last longer it's a proper system by k-system not sure why there is 3 Di

4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

#4 Bingo, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    I reckon you should've went for an RO System with your TDS and the amount of water you're using.

196ppm and 500ltr per day = 10,000ltr over a 5 day-a-week, 4week period :eek::eek:....

If it was one single 11ltr vessel, you'd changing the resin near-enough every week...or less.

5. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

True what they say about RO, however I am really interested in what results you'll get, please tell us what ppm is the oldest resin when you have to change the newest one.
    I was thinking doing the same thing, but then I think after a certain point resin won't hold up as long, so like after 70ppm it will only take a another 50 litres and it will jump up to your tap's ppm.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
    That's when it would be very handy to have 2 twin inline tds meters fitted to that type of di system. One probe to measure the tds of the tap water going in and the other 3 probs would be used to measure the output tds of each di tank. Then you could see at a glance all 4 tds readings and the state of the resin in each di tank.

I still think it's rather bonkers though just to use 3 di's as surely that’s going to cost a fortune to run?

Just done a quick calc on this to get some idea https://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/De-Ionisation_Calculator.html

Water Fed Pole - DI Resin Cost Calculator
    Cost of Resin per 25 litre sack £78
    Input TDS (0-999)Parts per million 196(ppm)
    Size of DI VesselLitres 33
    Litres used per MonthLitres 10,000
    Cost per Litre
    £0.028
    Estimated Monthly Cost
    £277.96
    Change DI Vessel Every Weeks 1.6 weeks

7. keir

keir Guru

196ppm=RO

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

short & too the point there keir ...a man of few words :D

9. keir

keir Guru

:whistle::thumbsup:. I remember when i used to double di when at best my tap water was 034 and at worst 094 and when up at 094 i was going through resin at an alarming rate

Advertisement