How much to charge for 20 foot high conny roof with difficult access?

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by sambo, Jan 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sambo

sambo Member

I need to quote to clean a 1st storey conny roof, hipped plastic roof about 20' by 10' The roof is about 20' from the ground. The ground on the front is grass, but the right hand side is slippy sleepers and shingle.

The left hand side is brick wall and can access no probs, the right hand side is all windows but can rest ladder against house wall and do from there. I should be able to clean the hipped end of the roof from the right hand brick wall with a ladder standoff.

My gut feeling is to quote £100, mainly danger money as would probably have quoted £50-60 if ground level with no awkward access issues. I am just starting out though so have no idea Is this too high or too low?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I turned a conny roof clean down this week. It was a 4 sided glass roof with no access at all on the one side and absolutely no way of getting a ladder into the garden! It was also about 20' high. Do you have any pics sambo? If it's glass charge more always. Are you using WFP to clean it? How much do you want to earn an hour? Think how long it will take and add a bit on. When I quote, I get a figure in my head and 9 times out of 10 I'll think **** it and add another £10/£20 on :D

3. sambo

sambo Member

Cant upload the pic because lost my camera wire! Using WFP but a bit worried about the slippy floor on the right so might charge a lot and hope he turns me down! How long do roofs normally take for a smallish conny?

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If it's poly carb it should take about an hour. Glass will take longer due to getting the rinsing right.

If the job is dodgy tell him and he could possibly foot your ladder?

5. sambo

sambo Member

Not a bad shout. So long as he doesn't forget half way and walk off...

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yeah, when I get a customer to foot my ladder I always say "if the phones goes don't go and answer it." :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I take it this is the type of thing you mean

tn-IMG_4688.JPG

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Myself I find most on the ground can be difficult enough to do so sod that 1st floor malarkey.

9. sambo

sambo Member

Yeah similar to that. I might over quote and see what they say

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#10 boarcity, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    tricky jobs like that only pay off if you can get a repeat booking

dragging out the quote [by asking for more info such as who made it or who last cleaned it ] is how i play it . dont rush in with a price ,

praps you need to go in on a saturday midday recce for a closer look,

if theres a bit of to-ing and fro-ing and eye contact you can get an idea of just how important this roof is to them. it wants to be important for you to get a repeat cleaning arrangement set up at a fair price. if they are looking for a cheap price [ you can tell in the to and fro period] then its not important to them so price it skyhigh as itll be a 1 off, or back out of it completely. iv found using the phrase "you are messing me about,i dont like that" is a good way to back peddle out once you know they are only intrested in a low price

Advertisement