How much to pay leafletters?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Mr and Mrs window cleaner, Jun 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tags:
  1. Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Hi,

I've got some people ready to do some leafleting for us and I'm just stuck on how much to pay them. Do you pay for the number of leaflets dropped or the hours worked? I want to do what's fair to them but not make it so expensive that we can't afford to do it again.

We're going to leaflet drop in some posh areas with big mansions spread out from each other and more average housing estates where the housing is more compact, so it's quite varied in terms of how many houses they'll manage in one hour.

The people we have ready to work haven't done this before either so also don't know what the going rate is.

Thanks a lot,

Jo

Advertisement
  2. champers999

champers999 Member

I dont have any personal experience of leaflets but came across this thread, a few years old but some useful information in there.
    Flyer drops- how much do you pay?

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

BIG PROBLEMS THESE DAYS ARE WHAT HAPPENS WEN UR NOT THERE DO THEY BIN A HANDFUL of leaflets if working per 1000 or if on time they r like snails

i pay kids in the summer to do mine but do it with them ur talking 6-9 each kid gets a 10er but haven done it since last year lol

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

dont ask for more than 5 hours or theyll cheat i guarantee you . i found four hours to be the max and to get any sort of loyalty pay has to be a tenner per hour in the hand i.e 40 notes each day

5. TolishAPurd

Agree with boarcity, anything over 4 hours for leaflet dropping is a tough day.

6. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I'd do them yourself in an evening, that way you can tell if there not the type of customer you want, such as massively overgrown gardens or a mini landfill site out front. Also means if you get a walk up you can quote on the spot. Plus it'll save you a few quid on wages.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Yep, find time to deliver them yourselves. I get quite a few jobs from chatting to potential customers when leafleting.

8. David K

David K Forum Addict

Just hired a friend for 4 hours . Must say i know its hard work and i actually pay him 13 pounds an hour .

9. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

I do them all myself you can avoid the **** houses and for the people that want a quote there and the you can do it. I also like the option that you see one with filthy Windows and someone's in just knock the door there and then even better. Also no wages to pay.

10. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Totally agree with Chris, why not send them out for 4 hours give them £40 then do 4 hours yourself see the difference for yourself.
    Slightly off thread but how much does it cost to have the post office deliver them.

Advertisement