How Much To Replace Gutter

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Window Cleaning Rayleigh, Mar 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

So I've gone out to a fella who's completely bodged his gutter that's over a ground floor bay window. The length of gutter is about 4metres but isn't straight, it's got 4 135degree bends. I've given him my price to replace it all which he's agreed but am curious to know how you charge for gutter maintenance jobs

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't mess about replacing guttering now myself but would have thought you would have charged hopefully at least £125 plus parts :rolleyes:

3. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Went in at £150, already had all the parts from a previous job to! He thought it was a bit steep but I explained that where there was so many leaks that his wooden framed windows will soon be rotten which will cost a lot more than £150! How come you don't do the replacing anymore?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Can't be arsed anymore to be honest so I sub the work out instead ;)

5. Gray1

Gray1 Newcomer

You'd have no chance round here, as a guy called Mr Claddy can clad and replace guttering on a terace house front and back in less than 3 hours = £300
    I think you done really well.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There are plenty of mr claddy's about everywhere but would say the average cost should be around £45 - £55 per liner metre

7. mark m

mark m Hero

I would be interested to know how long it takes you when you are finished , personally it sounds about 1 hours work, take down existing gutting and fittings cut new guttering on the floor to the size as before put back up . £30 materials 1 hours work and you got £150 result I would say.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

About right Mark and yes you can make good money at it.

9. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

I've penciled it down to be a couple of hours work, yep materials is £28 which leaves £122 profit, I don't work out how much it is per hour, but how much I wanna earn for that job. But the fact he said he'd had another quote yet still went for me must mean I'm not to far out I reckon!!

I won't be using the old gutter as reference to cut as the previous person has bodged it completely haha!

But appreciate all your comments lads

Advertisement