Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did my first ever WFP clean today...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

See a back pack has its good too. The only thing is the barrels, carting them about. Were a van u have the big hose, humping it out and in. Catch 22
Yeah I was going to pump using little submersibal pump from van tank to backpacks and then just take them round the house etc

It's all a ball ache TBF. Trolleys; pushing/pulling with at least 25kg with pole in one hand, hose tangling in the wheels. Van mount; reeling in/out up to 100m, pulling it round corners, snagging on wheelie bin wheels, car wheels, rose bushes.

It's better than climbing a ladder though /emoticons/smile.png

i cleaned a new build wfp, new windows, did tops great, did bottoms. went back to wipe sills, all windows were full of dust particles. there must have been dust in the air , blown onto water left on windows. still building houses around it, but the wind was blowing the dust around. i didnt think about the dust problem. lucky i looked. had to trad them all. better. ! clean when no one working , or windy

if i didnt start wfp cleaning a couple of years ago, i really think i would have sold up and had a career change.

especially in windy conditions where i know i wouldnt have been able to get out. or risk your life clinging onto window ledges.

as time goes on you pick up new ideas, new equipment, quicker techniques, better poles .

when i get my van i know different problems will arise, learning how to set up equipment , getting it all right to use.

Bring it ON

Slowly picking a few a day off the round with WFP and explaining to customers etc, not enjoying the work rate at the moment but enjoying using WFP - just looks so much more professional imo. Managed to pick up 3 new jobs this week also new builds 3rd storey windows above conservatory had my SLX II 35 nearly at it's max! Also, did my first lot of Georgians with it today, lady came out and was genuinely very impressed, just need some more customers!

yeh but i trad new builds and the same happens...they build em too fast and then on one lot they kept sending the bloody road sweeper along and guess what that did to my nice clean windows...grrrr

Back