How much water can i save?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tom harvey, Mar 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tom harvey

tom harvey Newcomer

I'm thinking about getting an aqua dapter as I seem to be running very close to empty on a daily basis now. Any ideas as to how much water I may save day to day with 1?

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Never used one. have you got the room to fit a bigger tank?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've used one in the past and drove me nuts having to keep tugging at me hose [delusional]:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i use the aquadapter it saves loads of water if u wana take it one step further get some of the aquadapter micro lite hose ude b saprized how mch water it saves only down side is u get a more pressure washer effect on the glass so a bit harder to rinse splash bk ect:thumbs:

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The reason why I stopped using them as I prefer to run the pole hose on the outside of me poles now and just pinch/bend the pole hose to stop/start the flow instead.

6. tom harvey

tom harvey Newcomer

Thanks for your advice guys,I have a 750 ltr tank as it is with 2 of us working off it,just thought the aqua dapters may save us a shed load of water throughout a day,I figured we prob waste 5ltr plus per property. So think I'm gonna have to give them a try. Why did you find it hard work smurf?

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've had different versions and they all had the own reliability issues so in the end I stop using them.

8. tom harvey

tom harvey Newcomer

Fair enough I guess,do u know if they are easy/straight forward to fit to clx/slx gardiner poles?

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

A friend of mine and his son have a round in a village about 12 miles from here.

They work out of a Vivaro with a 650 liter tank. Ever since they bought the round they always emptied the tank before finishing the round, so had to go back and finish the remaining houses the following day.

He bought 2 Aquadaptors and found that they had enough water to finish the round in one day with a little still in the tank remaining. He estimated that his water saving was around 20% and that the purchase of those 2 A/D's paid for themselves in one day. Water saving would depend on the round and your manner of working.

My son noticed an immediate water saving when using his backpack.

For me, it was not having to bend down to pick up the tap to switch the water off everytime. So the water saving for me was also quite a bit as I only switched the water off when moving a big distance, rather than between windows. So it cut down on a lot of wasted water. It is also easier to switch the water on and off with an A/D when having to deal with a bird strike rather than just letting the water run.

My SIL replaced his A/D with a fixed tap on his base section, but the loop is awful. He likes the end of his pole being much lighter though. (The A/D doesn't weigh much on its own, but at the end of a 22' extended pole it is quite heavy.) Smudger (Darran from Odd Bods Cleaners) recommends the Aquatap as he feels he has more control over water flow than when he did with his A/D's and its slightly lighter, but according to reports needs regular maintenance.

I might try an Aquatap at sometime in the future.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

it will just screw onto the end of any pole with a euro thread

Advertisement