Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Crash Course On Canvassing

Colley614

Hi guys,

I'm after a crash course on canvassing. I've been doing a bit now and then while leafleting but leafleting is taking forever and the low returns I am seeing are putting me off. So I've decided to turn my attention to canvassing and I'm wondering does anybody have a routine for example:-

Sunday I sit down and work out which areas to hit.

Monday leaflet x amount of houses

Tuesday canvass Mondays leafleted area before leafleting another area

until Friday when you just finish for the week.

I'm thinking about doing it for a predetermined period of time. I keep promising myself that I will do it but haven't got round to it. I tend to not enjoy doing it although the couple of times I've done it I have had a big grin on my face as I've jumped in my van to head home with a list of new jobs to be done the next day.

I might set aside a day to canvass and see how it goes. Then hopefully I can turn that into a week and then a month.

I tend to canvass an area that i have a couple of houses on say on a saturday or sunday depending on what shifts my mr's is working

if i get a couple when canvassing i will put them into the round when im in the area next .

I do this say 2 weeks before the area is due so i know i have 2 weekends to try and pick more work up in the said area .

if there is no answer when canvassing i pop a leaflet through and then maybe knock a few days later or maybe when im next canvassing the area .

I do what Gav does, book it in for 2 weeks and then canvass until that day then you should have about 15 jobs for that day in 2 weeks. I havent been canvassing in a while but tomorrow i will be /emoticons/smile.png

simply ask ...........hello sorry to bother you, do you need a quote for having your windows cleaned, ask to have a look around the back to give them your best price, quote then as much as you like, sort out a frequency get there phonenumber name address including postcode and tell them you text them first in the next few days to leave the side gate ready if needed cos your coming to clean the windows

text message>>>>>>>>hello good evening from saucyness, window cleaner will call tomorrow, please leave side gate ready if needed.

text message>>>>>>>>hello good evening from saucyness, window cleaner will call tomorrow, please leave side gate ready if needed.
do you actually put saucyness on the text?

Is there any good tricks to getting good results from canvassing. I did a few hours here and there today but never got any new regulars on. It didn't bother me I just thought. I'll get some tomorrow, as they say it's a numbers game and I'm getting closer to a yes. Some days you get loads others non. I might try on a Sunday and see if I get a better result

Colley target new estates if you want success canvassing. I found when i target estates that are less then 5 years old or some even just built in the past few months i always get a load of yeses.... targetting no new estates is hard... you will get like 1 customers per 150 houses !

Thats what I've been doing, done 4 in total 2 I got about 25% of the houses and 2 I got nothing but it's a numbers game. I've got 2 more in mind then I'll have to sit down and think of some more

Theirs a few thathave 10-20 houses here aswell.. but theirs also a few with over 80 houses ! /emoticons/tongue.png the ones with about 80 houses on i always pick up a minimum of 5 customers /emoticons/smile.png

Theres loads round this way but I can't think were they are off the top of my head. I need to write a list and then get knocking.

Back