How much water do you use in a day?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Windowwhiz, May 10, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Just out of interest WFP'ers how much water do you get through on average in a £200 pound day?

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

200-300 L it depends some days I can use more water and earn less and other days the other way round,I suppose it all depends how much you rinse,I do like to work on £1 a litre

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I tend to go out with 175 Litres, maybe bring back 25 litres - I also work on the minimum of £1 per litre, but on some jobs I can bring in £2 - £3 per litre.

I am careful though - all my poles have aqua-dapters fitted, and if I get a conservatory roof to clean I will often fill a 25L drum from the customer's tap, and use that on the trolley. (just make sure that I run pure water through trolley after until handheld tds meter says 000

4. When I started WFP i went through 500 litred every day cleaning really messy frames etc but I am now down to 300. probably the best I will get as I like to rinse well

5. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Yeah 300ltrs sounds spot on to me. How you guys get by using 175ltrs for a whole day amazes me.

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Don't forget, when first changing over to wfp will use masses more - probably double - to get the frames etc up together.

I do tend to take a bit more if I have a new job.

7. Yes, at least double for first cleans as they are your investment.
    I had a new 4 bed large house today with a conservatory the size of most houses at the back:s
    The clean took 2 hours as the frames were filthy and I reckon I used well over 100 litres on that alone.
    Obviously next time will be a breeze as I spent so long doing the first clean but the initial time invested means a lot more water used although in the long run you will save time (and water):shy::shy:
    My guess is that if you have a round of say 200 houses pcm on traditional which take you most of the month to complete then you will be lucky to complete half of your customers the next month following the switch to WFP. Obviously this depends on how thoroughly you do your first cleans but you wll soon find out that they take a long time:huh::)

Advertisement