HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD THIS USE?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paddy, May 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paddy

paddy Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg below is hopefully a 3 bedroom house I've just cleaned via wfp, I do appreciate it depends on numerous things but in general, how long should this property take to clean? How much water (in general) would it take, and probs more importantly, how much do I charge? ( North East England ) it will help me immensely chaps on loads of levels , cheers. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. paddy

paddy Active Member

I seem to have buggered it up, its a semi detatched house, only one front side and back lol

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Going off topic a bit but how much do you normally charge to trad that one and how long would it take (one person) ?

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#4 spruce, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    I would guess it would take me about 15 minutes with clear access, including setting up wiping cills and doors, packing away and writing a ticket out. I would look at 20 minutes though as I couldn't do 4 of them an hour, but I could do 3 on a good day. But then it's what you achieve over the whole day that counts.

You have been cleaning windows for many years so you won't be as agile as the younger guys. My son in law would probably do that in 10 minutes but would be able to do 4 an hour easily. He will pop off 20 like that in 5 hours and then lose interest and go home.

As regards price, for us it would depend on the area even within our round. I would try for £9.00 in some areas but probably wouldn't get more than £7.00 in other areas.

A customer of ours moved a few years ago from a 3 bed semi we did with access problems to the 2nd bedroom window. We quoted £8.00 to the new tenants; job went to another windie for £6.00. She wanted us to beat £6.00. Woman in her late 20's. we charged £5 for that house 10 years ago.

Saltburn by the Sea area - North East.

How much water? I could pump 20 to 25 litres over that but my son would do that with his 20 litre backpack and might have a tiny bit spare.

Water usage also depends on the type of glass and where you are. We use more water on the sea front/facing houses than we do inland where the sea air has less of an effect.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

£8-£10 probably use 10L on maintenance clean, 25L first clean.

6. paddy

paddy Active Member

About £8.50, would probs take 20 mins

7. paddy

paddy Active Member

Would you clean the plastics too, frames and doors etc?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks paddy.

Reason why I ask as I've found those type of windows with vents in the openers when wfping can be a reall pain in the ****.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes, keep your eye on those vents at the back.

10. paddy

paddy Active Member

Would you clean doors ,frames , everything?
    are the vents a problem,how so?

Advertisement