Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gum tree advertising your window cleaning services?

Scottie

Hi all,

Has anyone posted an advert on Gumtree? I have joined but can not see how to post an add, you seem to have to put your area post code in and thats it, so if you work a umber of towns it will not pick that up? Or am I wrong here.

Anyne have any info on how to put your details out to the area's you want to work in? is it free? it seems as if it wants to charge me, i thought this site was free? Also are there any places on gumtree where you can promote to local people in your areas etc. Anyone with a no now on what to do or if there are any good vids out there or information to follow that would be great.

Thanks. Also is there any other sites for free local advertising or paying anyone knows of?

Ta Scottie

gumtree and another similar one is Friday-ad ,they are free to put an ad on , to place your ad go into "services" then the sub heading "domestic cleaning" and you have to choose which town from only a few options. i work in 4 towns and place 4 ads,1 per town

iv picked up just a few jobs from gumtree or friday ad over the years, iv never done the paid ads , perhaps thats why iv not picked up much,who knows .

one site thats free to use and well worth putting your details on is www.freeindex.co.uk , iv picked up some very good work on that site .

I've had many calls from Friday,Yell etc.All of them want some money for better advertising,donations etc.

So it's wasting your time,in my opinion :hey:

Gum tree to advertise window cleaning is not free /emoticons/sad.png Suprised.
im suprised to hear that. iv ran 4 gumtree ads-in 4 diffrent towns- pretty much continuos last couple of years , free , i just bump them up about once a month . this is the basic ad,in services section, with photos

Yeah, it wants to charge me £5.00, what a joke, ebay have taken over I hear so they charge now. Grr /emoticons/sad.png

i wouldnt bother then Scottie. iv only had about 4 jobs from gumtree in all that time, not one of the jobs was worth getting either !

Haven't placed a gumtree ad for some months, but they were free when i did with the option of paid upgrading. It never got me much business or even any business. But, I guess things work different in different parts of the country. So, worth a try.

Latest Posts

Back