Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Screew over by Thompson Local Paid Add

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Emanuel Parker

Golden Squeegee
Nice person from Thompson local called me and offered to be on the top if I paid, he said its going to be £20 and it's going to be debited monthly . I agreed , few weeks later I find I am billed £24 £4 is vat, no one told me about it, and it's a 12 month contract.

I contacted them several times and they said I should have read the email they sent me which was in my spam box.

What can I do? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

think id now start banging on that youre recommended by thompson local- milk the situation

"im highly recommended by Thompson local " "1st place by Thompsons,check me out..."

get or have made a large Thompson sticker [with added lettering "im recommended by >>>>" for van / biz cards

I would push back at them - even if you can negotiate extra months or extending the area that your ad covers (if appropriate). An old customer of mine was paying way over the odds with them and managed to agree increased coverage when he did his Mr Angry impression

1st: Dealing with any company of that size you should assume you will be billed VAT and ask the appropriate question.

2nd: Is it their fault your spam filter thought it was junk?

I like @boarcity approach, get nailing the promo! 'I'm Thomson number 1!'

Yep, make some lemonade out of those lemons.

More importantly, next time, never ever accept something from someone that's called you. If you want advertising or anything else for that matter, go look for it yourself and pick on its merits, not because you are being pressured on the phone by some clown in a call center.

Iv cancelled both of mine Thompson and yell real name hibu. After 12 month can cancel Thompson at any time. Yell or real name hibu don't ask at end of year if you want to renew it just rolls over and soon as it starts another year your locked in for another 12 months.

Iv cancelled both of mine Thompson and yell real name hibu. After 12 month can cancel Thompson at any time. Yell or real name hibu don't ask at end of year if you want to renew it just rolls over and soon as it starts another year your locked in for another 12 months.
This has been challenged in European court. They can put what they want in contract but auto renewall is now void.

If they pull that just inform them they are in breach of european legal rights and cancel payments. They will find out you are right and let it go.

This has been challenged in European court. They can put what they want in contract but auto renewall is now void.
If they pull that just inform them they are in breach of european legal rights and cancel payments. They will find out you are right and let it go.
Auto renew on everything? My bike insurance is up and I phoned to renew it. They said its already been done. I re-read the letter and it said that if if don't cancel within so many days it will renew automatically. Not that bothered about it as I was going to renew anyway. They also said that they took payment from a card that has now expired.

How long ago did you accept the Thompson add? it was distance selling you may still be able to cancel it, I did that with yell, they hated me, sent out the area manager and everything (I kid you not it was nuts tbh) but they had no choice but to cancel it as it was within the time limit, anything sold in your own home or distance can be cancelled within, I "think" 14 days, but that's from memory, have a google.

Put in for the free listing and they called me, offered me a similar deal I said no lets see how the free listing goes in the first instance. Anyway they never gave me the free listing.. If I'm gonna pay for adverts then Google Ad Words is what I would go for. Anyway at the moment I'm just leafleting and thanks to www.freeprintsonline.co.uk who balls up my order and sent me 7500 flyers when I ordered 5000 double sided for 50 quid plus the actual size of the flyer is small poster size as well I have loads of really good flyers to deliver for a bit. Back out at 5pm to hit another estate.

Latest Posts

Back