Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clx Pole - Angle Neck Stuck!

I cant remove the angle neck from my pole to put on an aquadapter.

Anyone got any thoughts?
I've seen Alex Gardiner post some help for someone about how to remove one of these that's stuck (I assume it's a Type 1 Resi-Neck?). I'll see if I can find his post for you.

Paul

I cant remove the angle neck from my pole to put on an aquadapter.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Apologies that you have had this issue - we can of course replace this Resi-neck for you. However first of all you will need to remove it, to do so please follow the steps below:
1. Remove the top arm of the Resi-neck (undo the quick-release lever assembly)

2. Put an adjustable spanner on the flat circular part of the Resi-neck and tighten (the toothed part)

3. Put another adjustable spanner on the top clamp so that the protruding part rests against the spanner jaw

4. Now twist the two spanners apart and the Resi-neck shaft will start to turn

5 Keep turning and pulling the shaft out of the pole

This should separate it for you – this simply provides much greater leverage.

Let me know if you have any further problems and if you would like us to replace this Resi-neck.

Found it... on another forum:

Edit - Alex has put updated instructions above so I've removed this.

Glad I seen this post as I have had the same problem this weekend with no joy!

I knew it was quick release but is so stuck I was beginning to wonder if it was glued in!

And worried about breaking the clamp!

Today I tried the above & broke my clamp with the adjustable spanner & damaged the resi neck! & the bloody thing is still stuck in there! there was a few swear words shouted out this morning lol

I tried to get this off last year with no luck so I just left it until now. I just bought a new gardiner sill brush & resi neck to use, so it has to come off.

So I had to order a new clamp glue & went for new quick loq system which I wish I did in first place, coming tomorrow hopefully & not looking forward to cutting old clamp off! plus still need to get the resi out!

I too wondered if it had been glued.

I will have another go next weekend but expect the result will be the same. One piece stuck in the pole and the other jammed in the spanner.

Good luck with that!

Mine was soaked in wd all weekend & tried hot water & the above method, is so stuck Im worried about breaking the pole!

I too wondered if it had been glued.

I will have another go next weekend but expect the result will be the same. One piece stuck in the pole and the other jammed in the spanner.
They have not been glued. They have been pushed in by one of the girls in the workshop. What will have happened though is with use it has for some reason become jammed. It will be the plastic binding on the plastic top clamp which is why you need to be able to hold the top clamp firmly with spanners or a mole grip and then twist the top resi neck with another spanner. Occasionally I have had a pole brought in to my workshop like this and it takes about 30 seconds to separate with the correct action.

Good luck with that!

Mine was soaked in wd all weekend & tried hot water & the above method, is so stuck Im worried about breaking the pole!
Two more methods for you:

1. To get an electric blow torch and heat up the plastic of the top clamp and the resi neck. Then try twisting them apart again.

2. If the top clamp is already damaged and you've got a replacement on the way, saw off the top clamp (diagonally saw through the bottom band until you just meet the pole tube surface), insert a screwdriver into this slot and twist to break the glue of the No 1 clamp. With the No 1 clamp now loose from the pole tube, the resi neck should simply pull out with the clamp body.

If you need a replacement resi neck, let us know and we will send one out to you.

Managed to get it out last night! cut the clamp off, then put a flat screw driver on the resi neck and kept belting it with a hammer until it came out with the wife holding onto the pole lol it did look like the glue had got in around the top which I scraped off first.

Anyway all fixed now and replaced with new quick loq resi neck.

Latest Posts

Back