How much would you charge?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Neil, Dec 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Got my first quote to put in on this job but wouldn't know how much to charge or how long it would take me lol any advice would be great TIA
    not the best of pics but you can sort of see what's what [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

watch the joints,tell custie they may possibly get blown out!!! & have to be redone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Would I have to re sand the 3rd pic after I'm done?

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

yes m8.the whole job looks a mixture of block paving and slabs.

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

It is all a bit of a mess lol

6. sllab

sllab Active Member

At a rough estimate I would charge about £170 for that. Would expect it to take me about 3 hours of pressure washing, £10 worth of hypo and £7 worth of sand at the most. that is assuming it drains well at the bottom.

If you are slightly less experienced and with a 15lpm machine I would expect 5 hours maybe.

As a general rule of thumb when I had my smaller machine I aimed at £30/hour. Now I am aiming at £50.

7. Mhindlewcs

Mhindlewcs Member

8. Ben23

Ben23 Member

HI :) I would think this to be about 3-4hrs work but like others have said I would expect to lose some jointing mortar out of the crazy paving, just ensure you tell the customer this may happen before you begin (if you get the job that is) with a larger machine I too look to earn £50 per hour to cater for the extra petrol usage, logistics etc and with this one looking at having the potential for the odd **** up (watch those stairs, I recent did a job where mortar behind the blocks had eroded and the ensuing pressure wash was enough to make them unstable, had to reset 4 steps worth of paving) I would add a half hour on as a buffer in case your forced to take things slower than expected.

So to surmise, I would say £250 to include hypo, sand and a bit of repointing

9. DMD

DMD Member

i would maybe decline that job if it is your first. that will spring up a few problems just from looking at the 3 pictures.

For a first job you would be wanting to do a nice straight monoblock driveway or similar to edge you in.

10. Fairy

Fairy Active Member

150 quid, take it easy, gaine some experience. money plus experience is a win right?

Advertisement