Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long will resin last .

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gary Harry

Hi guys , Ive just gone from trads to wfp my set up is 2 Di vessels one is a 11litre and the other is 25 litres I have about 6 to 7 hours work a day When do I change the resin and how do I know what one to change I have the small one from the tap the large one going in to the tank my first day wfp was today I checked the windows and every thing is good

i got told as long as your water PPM stays below 10 then your alright, what is the PPM of the water which comes out of your tap ?, what did you learn on your first day of WFP as apposed to trad ?

also how many litres did you use today ?

I don't know how long it will last but what is your ppm from tap might be worth getting a RO system.

Here is a link to a resin usage calculator. Its won't be totally accurate but will give you an idea.

Resin Calculator

A double di simply works this way.

[media]

[/media]

-

Last edited by a moderator:
"I use water up to 20PPM"
Really?!
I agree. I wouldn't go above 2.

I know there are some cleaners that clean with a high tds but I'm sure that they don't realise the results. In sunlight I can see spots at 8 ppm on our windows, so would never clean with that. Maybe the water composition and dissolved solids in our area has a bearing on this. One poster says he often works with a tds of 38 without no customer complaints.

We have a guy in our area that went to wfp a good 4 years ago. I'm positive he uses ordinary tap water. Ours is between 99 and 130.

His windows look dreadful but he keeps cleaning them and they keep paying him. Some of his customers have dumped him (I've got them) but he has a second vehicle on the road now so he must be growing.

I agree. I wouldn't go above 2.
I know there are some cleaners that clean with a high tds but I'm sure that they don't realise the results. In sunlight I can see spots at 8 ppm on our windows, so would never clean with that. Maybe the water composition and dissolved solids in our area has a bearing on this. One poster says he often works with a tds of 38 without no customer complaints.

We have a guy in our area that went to wfp a good 4 years ago. I'm positive he uses ordinary tap water. Ours is between 99 and 130.

His windows look dreadful but he keeps cleaning them and they keep paying him. Some of his customers have dumped him (I've got them) but he has a second vehicle on the road now so he must be growing.
320 for me /emoticons/sad.png:(

I Got 470 ! But the RO takes Care of that ! Goes to 15 , DI the rest !

But i do get along Way with my rainwater , its 009 from roof . Me likey so much ! :hehehe::hehehe:

Latest Posts

Back