Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 ro membrane life

camcap

was just wondering how long these membrane last before needing to be replaced I understand it all depends on usage but if there is a certain amount

I know there are a lot of different factors to take it to account but on a average how long something like a year ?

The HF5 in our 4040 is going on to 3 years old and is still performing the same as when it was new.

Changing prefilters are done exactly on time. I admit that I don't flush as often as I should.

Whilst the previous membranes in the 450GPD r/o I had lasted 6 years, I don't expect the same with the 4040 as we are using more water.

I bought that 450 GPD r/o second hand. It was about a year old and those membranes only lasted me another year. The first prefilter change was done by the first owner when he sold me the r/o.

So I'm a great believer in changing prefilters according to manufacturers specifications.

There is a window cleaner in Southampton who has had a torrid time with his 4040 with membranes not lasting. He now buys granulated acid washed charcoal from GAPS Water and three quarters fills a di vessel with it. He uses that as his chlorine block. He changes the granulated carbon once a year and when I last communicated with him (on another forum), the current membrane was about 3 years old then and still working fine. (June from GAPS Water suggested the di vessel with acid washed charcoal system and he went for it.)

Another cleaner in town has an HF4 membrane in his 4040 and I understand that has lasted him 4 years so far.

Latest Posts

Back