Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Poles still the best?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

Afternoon all, 

It's been a number of years since I've had to buy a new pole and my Gardiner CLX has been ok to me. I'm in the market for a 35ft carbon pole, are gardiner still the over best value poles out there? 

Thinking of upgrading to from CLX to SLX would you guys and girls agree that an SLX 22 would be the best size for standard work (2 storey stuff) also which gooseneck and brush combo would you get it buying an SLX 22.

So many questions ........ :1f602: :1f644:

Thinking of upgrading to from CLX to SLX would you guys and girls agree that an SLX 22 would be the best size for standard work (2 storey stuff) also which gooseneck and brush combo would you get it buying an SLX 22.

If I was you id go for SLX 27

I have a 22 and it's very good for 2 storey houses. I also have a 25. What you find with the longer poles is when it's fully closed, they are too long for your run of the mill stuff especially as you get in tight round counts etc. I also have the new brush it's white with the blue bits on. I really like it, got soft bristles. Gooseneck is quickloq. Also if you work a full day, the 25/27 is much heavier and at the end of the day you will agree. Hope this helps

I have a 22 and it's very good for 2 storey houses. I also have a 25. What you find with the longer poles is when it's fully closed, they are too long for your run of the mill stuff especially as you get in tight round counts etc. I also have the new brush it's white with the blue bits on. I really like it, got soft bristles. Gooseneck is quickloq. Also if you work a full day, the 25/27 is much heavier and at the end of the day you will agree. Hope this helps
Thanks for your input @Jango  I have a longer pole for 3 storey work just looking at upgrading and getting a shorter one as using the CLX 27 is heavy after a long day.

Yes i've been looking at the SLX 35, i thought that it would be good for day to day domestic work but it seems that it might be a bit awkward from the comments?

I've currently got a clx 27 which does all the jobs i have no problem, only looking at bigger in case anything comes up when i expend in March

The slx35 will be far to big for day to day domestic work.

Most 2 storey work you can use an 18 or 22 slx if you want to do 3 storey,doormer and vellux a 25 or 27 slx would be better.

In my opinion the 25 is the best and should cover all.

Less weight,smaller diameter handle and smaller collapsed length will make your day to day working life better.

I only have an slx35, I use the top 4 sections as my daily pole this reaches most of my work including town houses and dormer windows. I then just add on the other sections when required. I use a tubeless setup so it is a doddle to slip the extra sections on. It can occasionally be a bit awkward on downstairs windows if it’s narrow access, but a gooseneck swivel makes it manageable. 

I only have an slx35, I use the top 4 sections as my daily pole this reaches most of my work including town houses and dormer windows. I then just add on the other sections when required. I use a tubeless setup so it is a doddle to slip the extra sections on. It can occasionally be a bit awkward on downstairs windows if it’s narrow access, but a gooseneck swivel makes it manageable. 
same here but slx 27

the swivel is a godsend in tight spots and i would never be without it, a real game changer imo

same here but slx 27

the swivel is a godsend in tight spots and i would never be without it, a real game changer imo
Can I ask for a recommendation on the swivel gooseneck? Was looking at the Gardiner Long necked one, but that’s only as I have the long necked normal one at the moment.

Any pros to getting the shorter one? 

I'm thinking the SLX 30 and then if i need more height (which i haven't really in the last 5 years) then i can get an extension at a later date.

Can I ask for a recommendation on the swivel gooseneck? Was looking at the Gardiner Long necked one, but that’s only as I have the long necked normal one at the moment.

I have only tried the shorter one so can’t comment. If you search on here there is a decent thread comparing all the swivels.

Currently using the slx18 and 25. Perfect for all my residential. Swivelling hasn't been an issue yet, although the 25 (which I use the least) has needed a couple new sections in the past year or so. The 18 gets daily hammer and so far has held up since about April 2017. Fully carbon, nice and light, brush assortment is great - I have a standard 30cm wide on the 18, and a commercial sized 42 (I think) on the 25. Perfect combo! Great poles and both maybe came out at £650? Couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If only 2 story you can access most (with a bit of extra tiptoe reach) with the 18 if youre on a budget. The 22 would be absolutely ideal tho

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

standard swivel is awesome.

new angled is just as good if not a bit better.

Hard to use at first but stick with it and you'll be mega glad you did, it really does make a huge difference to work.

Back